Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pizza crust in the fridge.. I took the last 3 potatoes I had, skin and all and cut it in chunks, 1/2 onion I had diced from a few days ago, 1/2 green pepper hanging out.. sauteed all this in a pan with olive oil. To this I added the 1/4 bag of real bacon bits had hanging out. I also had a 1/2 container of egg beaters.. (soon to expire) added all this to the pan after the potatoes softened.

I baked the pizza crust first, till brown.. then smeared on sourcream (also near expiration) then I took all the stuff in the pan and put on top. Finished it off with the 1/4 bags of motz cheese and cheddar also lurking in the fridge.

Wow, it was sooooo good, cleaned out my fridge..lol.. but I think of all the stuff, I used up.

Just wanted to share...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
yum! I love when a good "saved" dish comes together. You are really go at those experimental meals if I remember correctly!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes loving seeing what I can invent. Had all the kids this summer trying everything.. A big hit too was the sweet chocolate powder on top of butter toast. Almost like cinamon toast yet choc. I like rooting around and making weird stuff taste good. I also love sharing..

·
Registered
687 Posts
wow great creativity. Sounds yummy too.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Sounds very yummy! Nice save! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts