Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I burned two eggs I was boiling, today...you won't believe this...I was changing the cat's litter box and picked up the bag of cat FOOD instead, and dumped it into the litter box. To make it worse, I dumped the entire bag before my brain kicked in what I was doing! So I had to throw all that cat food out..$6 worth. AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!

It seems that the poorer I get, the stupider things I do to waste money.

·
Registered
579 Posts
(((((((((((A big hug for you jaded)))))))))))))

I do the same thing, it's like my mind cannot fully kick into what I am doing at the present. Usually it is time for a nap for me then. Or time to read a good book. Helps me to destress.

What works for you??

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am so sorry, I can relate to this. My thing is usually "dropping" or spilling something. I'll have just enough bread for the week and when I go to make a sandwich I drop the bread on the floor or I have just enough juice or milk to get through until the next shopping trip and I spill enough to make a difference! It's around that time that I need to take a deep breath and forgive myself for making mistakes. Hang in there and things will get better :hug2:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Have you looked into B6 Vitamin , if its to exspensive a couple of heaping spoonfuuls of Honey for a few days may help. Sounds like you havnt been gettin enough sleep The honey should help.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hey I've been there done that, and I wasnt even stressed, shoot I do it all the time now too! :D

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I understand totally! The stress level here has been high and I find that I am walking around mumbling to myself! You just hang in there and things will get better! One little baby step at a time!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I do stuff like that all the time, I blame it on my mommy brain. I think after the birth of each child I lost more brain cells.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Oh, man!! ***HUGS*** I hope that your day/week/month gets better (and FAST!) I hate when I do things like that! When pregnant, I blame it on that...otherwise I blame it on either my forgetful DH's influence or on the kids. LOL

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I think we all get like this at some point. One of those moments I had, was that last year when I was working, I opened up the store I worked at, 4 am get up and I would leave at 4:30, anyway, I wwnt to work a bit earlier than ususal and opened the store, well in the meantime, the owner came in, and I asked her why she was there so early, and she said Traci, you didn't have to open today, you come in at 8am. I couldn't believe that I was so stressed that I actually I been so stupid. so anyway, you are not alone.

·
Registered
525 Posts
i feel for everyone. i dont know if this is where i should post but i am so so so stressesed! my 12 yr old son is killing me little bits at a time. we dont know what to do. i feel so shacky all the timew. we never know how the day will go with hime. he is on meds but he is unpredictable. i want him to go run and play but the neighborhood is full of brats and parents who dont watch them.so sometimes i dont trust him too. i am stuck me and dh stress over this. my 3 yr old is getting an attitude. my 11 yr old is stress and worries about me.how can one 12 year old cause so much heartbreak!i cry at night and i shack all time. my nerves are shot. what do i do? is anyone else going threw anything like this? i would really talk and vent with others. i feel so alone.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have some experience with this my son who is 26 gave me much trouble he ended up being bypolar a long with adhd etc. he also ended up in jail he is doing better but it has been a living hell and I can only say get help now therapy for the boy and family it will help but please get help your other kids and the whole family will do better. my daughter has been threw hell because of her brother growing up it was all about him cause it had to be but looking back I would of got more help faster. I want you to know that with help and the right intervention things will get better. I love my son very very much but it has been my biggest challange of my life the last 10 years where hell tried to kill himself
drugs alcohol homelessness no licence trouble with the law.but this did get better thank god. he has alot of help now thanks to my determanation . please dont blame yourself it doesnt help just get help for all I pray you have strength

1 - 13 of 13 Posts