Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you freak out like I did??? :eek: :eek:

Well....yesterday UPS pulled up...I only saw his LEGS from the truck and I just had that feeling it was him. It was! (plus I had seen him in the past going to other houses and thought it was him)
I got a chance to run and put on pefurme but my lips were peeling and one of my zits was actually starting to pop out on it's own! (i only noticed that AFTER he left lol)

Well we last saw each other about 4 years ago. I broke up with him when he was staying at our house (we had a totally non physical relationship) and he left without saying goodbye while I

ok i know i'm rambling a lot here...I just really needed to talk about this because while my husband doesn't really care that I saw him and all, I keep finding myself talking about him and that's not good.It's not that I like him or anything, it's just I gotta get it outta my system.

Oh, but when I saw him, he was wearing sunglasses so I couldn't tell if he recognized me you know? But even still I could feel the tension between us, we didn't say anything and he didn't say the usual stuff they say when they have you sign for the package and everything

I was SHAKING after he left :eek:

I really had thought that I would never seen him again :eek: This is a lesson for me to never assume something like that again :D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I used to work for UPS and so did two of my last two bf's. LMAO
Brown is so unflattering. LOL

I've bumped into guys I dated in social situations a few times. It's always fun. yeeahh riiight.

It's a very small world and ya just never know when paths will cross again.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
My last boyfriend was the ups guy, but not at my house....lol...his last name was Brown to :) He is from my old home town so I don't see him much but I do run into him every now and then...we remained friends...and every now and then I will get a email from him.... he always ends it with "what can brown do for you?" like the commercials says....lol....

I personally think no matter how much time has past, when you share something like a intimate relationship with someone, you never get over the "shaky" feeling you get when you see them again...the only exception would be if it was a very bad abusive relationship and then that would be a whole nother can of worms .......now you will be ordering off of QVC all the time...lol.....just kidding!!

thanks for sharing this story with us.....

·
Registered
260 Posts
If my ex was the UPS guy,I'd be divorced or in debt from the stuff I ordered to get him to deliver it!!!
I got an email from him the other day-it had been over 20 years,and I still got the butterflies in the tummy,and a lot of memories in my mind. (told DH about the email,not the rest tho)
Thank goodness he's a computer programmer instead!!

·
27,948 Posts
Isn't it amazing how you can be totally wowed by someone from your past? I think it's a combo of all of those what if's and the ~ boy did I feel good then stuff. Then reality hits and you remember why whatever happened and then are hopefully happy with what you have now.
Days like today are what good exciting daydreams are made of.
Dream on and enjoy.:)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That would be kinda neat !!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Id be kickin butt!!! I am happily married to my High school sweet heart and love of my life. However, For a brief time we were apart and we each dated people. The guy I dated took my money and married someone else with it. :fpunch:

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's so funny you asked! The same thing happened to me last month and I freaked! Not because I wanted to see this exBF but because it was one of those days when you don't feel good and stay in your jammies and no bra. I had forgotten that I had even ordered anything but had decided that I probably should start getting ready to pick up DD at school. Fortunately the bra was in place but the jammies still on. I answered the door and there he was. Boy I bet he was so glad that we didn't end up together, if you know what I mean. Needless to say, it was pouring rain so didn't really have too much to say to each other. Now I keep up with what I have ordered and when it should be delivered. I really don't like those kind of surprises! LOL

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I would have died if it was my exbf. Dh wouldn't let me order anything again! lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have no idea how I'd react if one showed up at my door. And if dh answered it, AACCKK!!

I once ran into an exb - with my dh! That was a very quiet ride home...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I don't have to worry about that, none of by exb's have that much ambition in life:eek:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I've run into several ex boyfriends when my husband was with me. DH and one of the ex's even became friends.:)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i'd be somewhat releived because at least i would know they are not dead. one of my old boyfriends from high school seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. the other one, i haven't seen since graduation, but i would see his mom from time to time so i at least knew he hadn't vanished either. he and i were friends even after we broke up and he and dh became friends while we were in high school so it was nice to see his mom and get updates.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Here's one for you ladies...How would you like an ex to be one of the EMT's who arrive to transport you to the hospitol....while you're in LABOR!!??

We hadn't seen each other in a year and boy did I get LOOKS!!

No...for those who may wonder.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow! there are so many of you that had the same type of situation! Too weird!! I guess it's not as strange of an occurance as I'd thought :D

Lastnight I dreamt I got another delivery from him, and I REALLY beleived it even when I woke up:toothy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts