Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probly been done but letrs do it again for the newbies:Dand me......lol cause I am nosey:angel:
Hubby and I met at my Dads...my hubby was 18 and he used to come over and drink with my dad when i was 14. Funny thing I was never really interseted til I spent the summer at my grandparents and my dads "wife"said he'd asked bout me......which he still denies.A week or so later we met up at a mutual friends party and been us since..........oh and BTW my boyfriend(his good friend)had just left for the navy the day before:blush:Together 13 yrs this August

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Dh and I met in highscool. I was dating one of his friends when we were freshmen. I didn't see dh throughout the rest of my highschool career until we became seniors. He had really grown up, and was gorgeous. We've been together for over 6 years. This August will be our 5th year anniversary.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I met carl when I went to my cousins house to visit. I ended up moviing in with my cousins. Carl was bestfriends with some of them so he would come over and hang out :D

Eventually he started asking me to go places with him...then we went to his christmas work party cruise thing..that's when I told him I did not think we could ever get married becuase of our different beliefs :eek: Too funny ;)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Dh and I met in high school. My junior year, he had lunch with my best friend, Kim, and I always cut gym class to hang out with Kim at lunch, and we met there. We went to the Jr. Prom together, but broke up over the summer. We stayed friends, then dated again briefly in college, but broke up after a few months because he was in NJ and I was in Ohio. Then, we didn't speak for a year or two because he was mad at me (dumping someone twice will do that) but we started talking again during our senior year and became close (in the meantime, I had dated an abusive alcoholic for 2 and 1/2 years, who got kicked out of school in the middle of our senior year) and when we came home after graduation we started hanging out. I told him I wanted to date him again and he was wary, but eventually decided what did he have to lose? So, we started dating, and that was 9 years ago. We've been married for 4 and 1/2 years and everyday is magical!

·
Registered
260 Posts
We met at church. I was 15 and he was 18. We started dating when I turned 16 and he was 19. Married when I was 19 and he was 22. We started our family 5 years later, and have now been married for 26 years. He's been an amazing husband and father. Having a child with a disability in the family can sometimes be very hard on a marriage - but our song is "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers ... those words say it all.

ooops.. getting a tad mushy!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I met my dh in 1977. I was 16, almost 17. He was 19. He was in Ga., visiting from New York. I had (have) a thick Appalchian accent. I couldn't understand his Brooklyn accent. We managed to communicate ;) and here we are 26 years later!

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
We met a skating rink. The same one that my grandparents used to go to. I was 11 and DH was 13. Of course we didn't date that whole time. But off and on all through high school. I really never thought that we would get married. People are always surprised when they find out that we are still together! June will be our fifth anniversary.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow these stories are so great thanks for sharing them with all of us.Please keep them coming:)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
DH and I met in early high school at a party at a friends of ours. we had known of each other for a while but finally met at the party. been together pretty much ever since. :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dh and I met at work in '93. We were working at 800-FLOWERS in NY and when we started dating in '94, one or both of us was going to have to leave because they had a policy against it. So, we both left and moved to DE together. Got married in summer of '99. Still together and expecting this summer.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
We met in his living room. My friend had gone to school with his then wife and she introduced me to them. We both knew we were meant for each other that very night, but he was married, I was in a relationship. We became best friends and 3 years later my relationship was long over, his marriage was over and we decided to give it a try. Five years later, actually 6 years this week and we haven't killed each other yet.l

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
This is going to sound way bad, but we met in a bar! LOL! My kids have taken great pleasure in telling that story and adding " but that's ok, Dad was backslidden at the time and Mom was not saved yet". :toothy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts