Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so tired! I am working alot! Plus, I am doing alot of other things in my life. I am tired and stressed and overwhelmed! I can see a small light at the end of the tunnel but it will take a few months to get there. I am happy that we might be getting some things paid off but I am just seriously burned out! I miss my kids, my husband, my bed and pillow LOL How do you keep plugging away when you really just want to go to bed and hide for a few days?

·
Registered
316 Posts
it sounds like you need to take a sick day or two. i used to call them mental health days. lol seriously....you need to stop some of the other things you are doing. prioritize what really needs to get done, and what can slide. you will be of no use to anyone if you really get sick and worn down!! take care of yourself first :):)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I feel like I am in the same boat as you right now. I am worn out too and wish I could have a few days just to sleep. I know its easier said then done but some times you just have to stop and let yourself rest. It's so easy to say but hard to do.Try to have some me time and even try to get in a little cat nap.

Jenny

·
Registered
116 Posts
I feel like I am in the same boat as you right now. I am worn out too and wish I could have a few days just to sleep. I know its easier said then done but some times you just have to stop and let yourself rest. It's so easy to say but hard to do.Try to have some me time and even try to get in a little cat nap.

Jenny

·
19,119 Posts
If you don't take care of your health, you won't be able to keep this up. I totally support mental helth days. Since this craziness won't last forever, that must give you some home. I used to say "This too shall pass" when I was on overload (my choice to get advanced degree) and it helped - so did "Just do it".

Reactions: Heather Groce

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I posted on facebook a while back that I was feeling the same way. A friend posted something so simple, yet it really stuck with me.
"Just keep swimming until you can come up for air, even if you are just treading water."
I don't know what your situation is right now, but is it possible to move some things in your schedule so you can have just one relaxing day at home? We call them PJ days and I cherish them. Dont' worry about the dishes, the laundry, etc...stay in your PJs and read a book, surf the internet, take a nap, etc....Just relax for one day. You'll feel refreshed and energized and ready to take on the world when your feet hit the floor the next morning. :hugz:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Listen to your body, it's telling you to take a break. It's one thing when you are overwhelmed mentally, but that can easily lead to physical problems as well, you have to take take it one step at a time and slowly. Try drinking a glass of wine and reading a book for just 20 minutes, see if that helps. I like to put some music on and sing along while I work, it make the work go faster and it's a bit more fun. You have to prioritize. You say you are doing a lot of other things in your life. Are they neccessary or are they things that can wait or can someone else do them? I hope you find some way to relax and worry less. Me personally I hand everything over to God and pray. Hugs.

Cat

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I went through this about a week ago for two weeks. Just kept on pushing myself to get things done. Finally stopped everything because I was making to many mistakes such as throwing out things I meant to save and forgetting to feed the cat. Luckily I was able to just sleep in and have a day of nothing. Really helped.

Is there anyone that can take the children for a couple of hours just so you can relax and take a nap one day?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
it sounds like you need to take a sick day or two. i used to call them mental health days. lol seriously....you need to stop some of the other things you are doing. prioritize what really needs to get done, and what can slide. you will be of no use to anyone if you really get sick and worn down!! take care of yourself first :):)
I agree 100%.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
thats how i was feeling almost 2 weeks ago- mental health days not an option of you dont get paid sick days either

i ended up sick - on antibiotics- having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic - having some other crazy issue that an ER dr my Dr and a ENT had no answer for and being sick for 2 of my 3 weekends off- my sons b-day ; my bday - and valentines day and spent about 300$ between dr visits= er visits - specialiists meds - OTC meds for the allergic reaction and the medrol pack.

lost about 500 in pay from days i was too sick to work

missed my daughters cheer competition

moral of the story- find a way to destress a bit before it swallows you up and affects your health

even a hot bath and a good cry is a great way to destress and reset things if you cannot afford to take a real day off !!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Please do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. If not, you will really get sick and then what will you do?

Would it be feasible for you and maybe a girl friend to go off for the weekend, just a girl's weekend? Anything to clear your mind of all that you have going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.