Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Wow. At $700, and having to eat out all the time (I don't see anyplace to cook, except that hot pot she showed us), it sure isn't very frugal for that tiny space.

Maybe in NYC, it is frugal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I were single and had no children, I could be perfectly content in that space. Thanks for posting, Russ.

·
4,028 Posts
wow, that's small. It's interesting to see that she put in her own kitchen and has pared things down to what she uses.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I liked her statement that it feels like she is in college just with a bigger campus. I was just thinking that same thing just before she said it. LOL

Do you think she pays $700 because of it's location to amenities and transportation?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Wow. At $700, and having to eat out all the time (I don't see anyplace to cook, except that hot pot she showed us), it sure isn't very frugal for that tiny space.

Maybe in NYC, it is frugal.
She had a toaster oven and a hot pot. Her little fridge looked stocked.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I love this!! I currently have a friend who is having to down size due to divorce and is SO picky and thinks she needs 2000 sq ft for her and her daughter!!! I finally quit going with her to look at rentals because of her attitude.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
If I was single, I could easily live in a place like that. I agree with the OP though, she has way too much stuff! Thanks Russ, I enjoyed that. :)

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Do you think she pays $700 because of it's location to amenities and transportation?
Yes, she has a great location for NYC. But I wouldn't call it an apartment, I'd call it a "room with bath".

Eating out isn't as expensive as you'd think, there are a lot of street vendors and hole-in-the-wall type places in the city where you can get really good and really cheap meals.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I don't think I could live in that small of a place. maybe for a couple of months but not for 3 years.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think I could do it if it were just me but I seriously felt like I couldn't breath when she was in that loft. WAAAAAAAY to close to the ceiling for my comfort. I think I would use the loft for storage and put maybe a daybed in on the bottom floor for a sleeping/sitting space.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I could handle the square footage, but the ceiling would need to be higher for me to sleep up there.

I didn't think she had too much stuff, that one shelving unit held pretty much everything she owns. Add up the space that would be taken by food, kitchenwares, toiletries, plus the fact that she is a writer and artist that works from home - one wall of shelving is pretty simple living.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yes...I got totally claustrophobic just watching her crawl into her bed:nerv2:

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Imagine sitting up too fast in the morning. You'd knock yourself right back out. :toothy:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I thought that she was in my bathroom when I noticed that her stool and sink was on the same side..Mine is across for each other...lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts