Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I breastfed all four of my dkids, so it's not as if I'm against bf, but ewwwwwwwww.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I won't have anymore of that ! I guess there really is nothing wrong wth it..... It's just a very personal thing.... Who has extra milk anyway ???????

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I bf and quite honestly I see this and just think umm why?
I guess it's a bit different than bronzing her first pair of shoes or saving a lock of hair. :toothy:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought it was kinda strange. i bet it is good for the skin though.:toothy:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I find it a little strange. I guess breast milk seams so personal, but I would wash my baby with it. My OB says the best thing for the skin is that white stuff (I can't remember what it is called) that is on the baby right after birth. She is very natural she does all the home deliveries for the Amish that live near here.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hmmmm....How do you know you're not getting someone else's breast milk soap? No thanks.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Vernix caseosa, I think, is the white stuff babies are covered with after birth, although I'm sure I spelled it wrong.

Breastmilk soap......my first thought was why would anyone else want that sticky stuff all over them? I guess I'm just tired of being sticky all the time myself. Sorry ladies.

I agree with Sara (and Milissa, lol). My son is actually discusted by the fact that I bf him anyway.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Um, No thank you! I know that goat/cow's milk baths are supposed to be good for the skin, but my own? I think I will pass.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Yes, I was about to say the same thing, Melody...What do you all think of Goat's milk soap, then? It does exist and sells more expensive than other soaps...and we don't know from which goat it comes from...so maybe transforming your own breast milk in a soap to save, may not be too bad, if it's for you and not for others...Just my own thoughts...:)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Here's a deep thought for the day.....

It could put an end to swearing in your house.
::better stop saying that or you'll get SOAP in your mouth::

I think it could work for Gabe's potty mouth. :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:laugh: Sara you are too funny! You made me laugh outloud, here! Everyone is wondering why I'm laughing... :toothy:

Hey...maybe breastmilk soap could be more useful than we think...;) lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think its a little out there too. It says it makes a great gift for your child when they're grown up. If my mom tried to give me soap made out of her breast milk from 26 years ago, I would be just more than a bit grossed out. :puck:

·
Registered
601 Posts
ok well after reading all these posts I am laughing hysterically at my desk at work -------and also i have the yucky :puke: face going on.....

I dont' think i want to take a bath with anybody's breast milk..

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I think that is just gross!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I breastfed both of my girls, now 17 and 20, but I really can't imagine giving them a soap now that I made that many years ago and expecting them to cherish it. Don't think so!

Jill

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think it is weird too. i don't think morgan would appreciate it when he gets older....;)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Ahh, but he could tell all his friends. LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts