Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I can handle the melt and pour glycerin soapmaking. :)
But the whole hot/cold process soapmaking seems overwhelming to me. This is really more the type of soaps I would like to make.
Has anyone made their own? Should I jump right in?
I don't have much confidence in this area and am scared I will be like some mad scientist and blow up myself and my home. *LOL*

I found this site with some basic directions that made it seem easy.

http://www.tkbtrading.com/cp.html

Help! I am wanting to make some time to try some new things so badly.

Sara

·
Registered
189 Posts
Im with you darlin....I have done a lot of the melt-and-pour type soap...Ive experimented with different essential oils and herbs...its something that I really want to do more of..I have an entire book that explains the process..(of the cooked soap) and just today I talked to a lady that makes and sells soaps that she makes...and I got a lot of great ideas from her....if you wanna start...Ill do it with you.. ...we can be long distance soap buddies.LOL...maybe the two of us together can avoid getting blown up! The biggest thing that has prevented me from getting started I think..is the initial start up cost..to get the supplies and tools needed

·
Registered
487 Posts
That is one thing I haven't made is soap. I will have to give it a try one of these days. Where would you buy the glycerin at? I like the idea that I can make it smell the way I want it too. But do you need a mold or can you use something in the house? I'll have to read up on this. Thanks for the site.

·
Registered
189 Posts
the lady I talked to this weekend (who had the yummmmmmmmiest soaps) said she started out using the cute little molds for her soaps....but she found that people wouldnt USE them....they were so pretty...that people would just put them in cute lil soap dishes in the guest bathroom and they collected dust....so now...her husband just makes her wooden soap molds....just shallow wooden boxes basically....and then she cuts the bars into blocks. This is good....cause those molds are EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
I saw some gals making soap on our noon news here today. They used different shaped ice cube trays for their soaps. I see those all the time at yard sales. Might be a cheap source for soap molds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts