Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up with a sinus headache at 3 am :eek:uch: and my forehead is so swollen that DH said I look like a Star Wars creature. Oh yeah, that makes it all better sugarlumps! :weeping: Felt bad last night and didn't get any of my baking done. Just cleaned up the kitchen after supper and went to bed early. Drinking hot :morning: now to see if it helps and taking meds. Gotta get myself together and start my baking and cooking for fall festival this afternoon. Rain is supposed to stop by noon and hopefully the wind will cease as well. It's been so dry here, and with the wind blowing like it was all day yesterday, I'm thinking that's what got my sinuses all wacked out. Gotta make 10 quarts of chili and 20 lbs. of coleslaw, bake two cobblers, get myself looking somewhat normal again, lol, and be at the church by 2:20 to set up the food booths. Festival starts at 4 pm and runs until 8 tonight, and then there is the clean up afterward. Oldest daughter and three grandboys will be coming to the festival and then spending the night with us and go to church with us tomarrow. Dh had to go in at 6 am this morning and will probably work till 6 this evening, but will stop by the church to eat and spend time with the boys. Ya'll keep your fingers crossed that I can pull this off without :thud:, LOL. Right now though, I'm thinking I may just go :rest: for maybe an hour or so, and see if that helps.

Ya'll have a blessed day!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
:smooch: didn't get off work til after 1 a.m., so I had to go pick him up -- I was so exhausted, and so was he. We ate a quick supper and then crumbled into bed.

Woke up at 8:15 and freaked out -- didn't remember what day it was. :S So I had to rush over to the computer and check the date and prayed it wasn't a work day because if so, I had 15 minutes to get to work! (NOT POSSIBLE)

Fortuneately, false alarm. So I tried to get back to sleep, but of course I'm wide awake now, so that ain't gonna happen. Got up, checked a few emails, put my name in for a couple of things on Freecycle, etc. Gonna finish checking a few posts here on FV and then curl up with the CTWG for a bit, hopefully it'll put me back to sleep for a bit.

Today, I"ll drive :smooch: to work at 12, then probably go back to my place and wait for a phone call from his family about his grandfather and what the funeral arrangements are. Gonna spend the day rebooting mine and his laundry, and then probably doing some FLYing and cleaning out my apartment a bit.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Today dd is taking her ACT test. Hard to believe she is almost in college. Seems like I just brought her home from the hospital!

Today I have to:
Work on laundry
Study for a couple of tests
Make the bed

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It is supposed to be a good day here today.

1. Waiting for the dealership to call me on my van. It was acting up
2. Need to go do a audit
3. Go see dad and pick up a bunch of goodies from him
4. Pick up around the house and do some more laundry
5. Get ready for Halloween party
6. Paperwork

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
MarshHen, I am sorry you have such a headache. Hopefully it will go away so you can get all that cooking done.

I have a slight headache this morning as well. I am straightening up the house. I have already washed the bath mats in my bathroom and have them in the dryer. Now I have a load of clothes in the wash. Cleaned the two toilets downstairs.
We are having DD15's Sweet Sixteen party tonight. She is so excited! Went to Walmart last night and got most everything we needed. Have to pick up the cake this afternoon and pick up the Chicken Nugget tray and lemonade from Chick Filet. Got about 20 teenagers coming over!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Sinus headache here too this morning, but at least the rain has stopped. Although it's extremely windy and cold... only 38 right now. DH and I were going to go down to Chinatown in Chicago today, but it's going to be so windy and chilly I think we are going to cancel our plans. As of right now.... I have nothing else planned for the weekend.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning.Heavy snowfall warning is in effect and suppose to only let up tomorrow night.Kids are already outside playing in the snow.
I have a couple loads laundry and straighten up a bit when dh wakes up,he worked till midnight last night
Oh ya have to go buy winter gloves fo rthe boys and coat for me
Im tired already

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Good morning!
It's pretty soggy here too. It's been raining all night, they are calling for it to switch to snow later today & get nasty out. I have to be to work at 11:30am. I've already folded three loads of laundry, showered, made the bed, & sent dh off to work w/ his lunch packed.
I still need to iron my uniform (didn't get to that yesterday) and load the dishwasher before going to work. I work a double so I probably won't be home before 10pm :thud:

·
Registered
639 Posts
It must be sinus season..mine are acting up too.
It can't be any more soggy today.....there are clothes on the line that I should've taken down yesterday that are soaking wet. Luckily nothing we need to have now so they can stay there.
No obligations today so I can stay home & clean the house.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I hope everyone's headaches go away!

Rain and wind last night, still windy, but sunny and 68 degrees. Only supposed to get up to 76 today. I'm not doing anything today! Puttering around, crocheting, and reading! Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
It is windy and a bit cool here today. I need to get some laundry done and do some picking up and straightening around the house and then this evening we are attending a Halloween party.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The rain quit here for today, but it's very windy and cool outside today. It might snow tonight, but am not so concerned about that.

Joy,
I have been to China town in Chicago...LOL One time, years ago, my Dad decided to take me out to eat there. It took 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get home....LOL But the food was great!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Carolyn,
I reall yhope you are feeling better real soon. I know those sinus headaches can be quite awful! My Dh gets them all the time. Have you ever tried a hot shower? Seems to help him. My DD gets them when she is really sick and she uses a sinus rinse. Says it really helps her.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
It's real windy here today and the sun keeps popping in and out. It's pretty chilly. I dumped all the trash at work to day and had to put my sweater on before walking out back to the trash area.

It suppose to warm up a little bit tomorrow and hopefully the rain is finished for now as well.

·
Registered
848 Posts
It was sunny and beautiful here. It was ds #1's last soccer game of the season and afterwards we took our kiddos to pizza. Didn't do too much today, started cleaning off my desk, visited with MIL, and now dh is making dinner for us. I'm about to finish off a card to send out with a package and start working on some business stuff.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
My kids have a Halloween party to go to today. I did laundry and have been folding clothes and putting them away. Will continue decluttering and throwing stuff away this evening.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I had a great day. First thing this morning had to get ready and go help with a bridal shower for a friend of dd#2's. Got to see lots of friends that I don't see often enough. Came home, had a quick visit with my parents, spent time with Gripey and went out to eat with some friends. Now I'm playing on the puter, just about ready for bed....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts