Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some good deals in this week's sales flyers for our local grocers.

Butter: $1.99/lb. I used to be able to get it at $1.69 about once a month, and I'd stock up but it's been so long I'm almost out. And that is even after buying 12 lbs back in Dec when it was last $1.99.

Sugar: $1.99. I can't believe the price of this lately. I'm stocking up.

canned tuna: Chunk light. 39c 'Nuff said.

Corned Beef point cuts: $1.49. It usually isn't this price until after St Patrick's day.

peanut butter: 99c

And because it is Lent: shrimp and salmon at 3.99/lb

Vegetables:
green beans 99c
cabbage 39c
onions 59c
strawberries 1.49
blueberries 1.50
grapes .99
broccoli 1.39
avocados .29 ea!
whole pineapple .99

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Yeow..way to go. Grab 'em while they are there!!!

The last time we had butter at that price was Xmas time.........and then there was a limit!!!

Our salmon and shrimp are NEVER that cheap! GET ME SOME TOO!!! :laugh:

:sigh: And if our avocados go under $1 EACH that is a good price.....
....... I quit eating them.......:weeping:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Off to get my tuna for .39 right now. Pretty good deal :)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Avocados here just lay on the ground. People give them away. I hate them. Tried several times but no go unless I was hungry and nothing else. To bad you all can't get them here...same with oranges, grapefruit, loquats, mangoes etc. Given away. Not as pretty maybe as the store but also free

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Avocados here just lay on the ground. People give them away. I hate them. Tried several times but no go unless I was hungry and nothing else. To bad you all can't get them here...same with oranges, grapefruit, loquats, mangoes etc. Given away. Not as pretty maybe as the store but also free
Mmmm I make a raw chocolate pudding with avocado, cocoa or raw cacao nibs, and honey. Yummy. So wish I could get them as well as your other things for free Nikko!

Fantastic deals, enjoy your bounty!

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think we might enjoy this for now ,cuz the prices are sure to skyrocket soon !!

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last time we had butter at that price was Xmas time.........and then there was a limit!!!
They limit it here too. I make multiple trips into the store.

They were something like $3 each last week. I can't believe the drop in price. I will see tomorrow when the sale starts what kind of condition they are in.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Ch, is this at HyVee?

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Palooka, the butter, tuna, corned beef and peanut butter are at Hyvee. Except the beef, they are TH-FR sales only. The sugar, shrimp and salmon are at Price Chopper W-Sun only.

Hyvee also has wild caught cod for 5.99. First, I'm surprised they have it, second that it's that cheap. Cod is a rarity these days and I almost never see it around here, and never at that price.

Reactions: Palooka

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Thanks, I'll probably hit Hyvee thurs.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ohhh Niko.... i would be in avocado heaven in florida...I LOVE THEM!!! And mangoes and oranges.... apples are the waste fruit around here...

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Our Aldis milk was still $3.09 a couple days ago but had a limit of one gallon per customer. Cooler was full. No idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts