Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know he's quite a polarizing figure, but I'm really starting to like Pat Buchanan. He makes some really good points in this article.

***disclaimer ~ I am not offering this article as a reliable source of fact. Its written by Pat Buchanan, so its obviously slanted to the right. I'm merely suggesting that he makes several good points. ***

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=78921

This being my favorite quote from the article:

Contrasting McCain with his hero, Joe declared a few weeks back, "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and ... said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

Nice historical reference. Except when the market crashed in 1929, Hoover was president, and there was no television.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Jessica. I thought that was a good article. I don't think anyone can say that they have not seen media bias in this election.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Has SNL gone after Cindy McCain? I've missed the last couple of weeks so I'm not sure. If they have and not mocked Michelle Obama then that's wrong. They have mocked Biden. Palin is too easy with Tina Fey being so close to her physically.

My all time favorite SNL skits were the 3AM Clinton/Obama phone calls. :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I don't believe they've gone after Cindy ~ and therefore I agree that they shouldn't go after Michelle. Personally, I don't think they should go after any family members....

I don't watch it enough to know who they have/have not gone after.

But that was actually such a small part of the article......the rest of the article had a lot of great points.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jessica. I thought that was a good article. I don't think anyone can say that they have not seen media bias in this election.
Unfortunately people say it all of the time. A lot of liberals honestly, in their heart of hearts, do not think the media has been biased at all in this election. It blows my mind.....

·
Registered
160 Posts
No, I don't believe they've gone after Cindy ~ and therefore I agree that they shouldn't go after Michelle. Personally, I don't think they should go after any family members....

I don't watch it enough to know who they have/have not gone after.

But that was actually such a small part of the article......the rest of the article had a lot of great points.

I know, but the title was "What if SNL mocked Michelle Obama?" so I went that route.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, I know. I personally thought the title was a poor choice.....but its gets more attention than "this unfair, media biased election coverage."

Which was more of the gist of the article....

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
They have mocked Biden. Palin is too easy with Tina Fey being so close to her physically.
Have they mocked Biden's family? I believe there was some uproar due to either SNL (possibly MADTV?) having a skit that stated that Palin's husband impregnated her daughter.

That's tacky, IMHO. I think families should be off limits.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All media is biased. Which way the bias goes depends on the source.
That's true....what I should have said was "the unfair, mainstream media biased coverage of this election."

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have they mocked Biden's family? I believe there was some uproar due to either SNL (possibly MADTV?) having a skit that stated that Palin's husband impregnated her daughter.

That's tacky, IMHO. I think families should be off limits.
I forgot about that....good point, Nichole!

Admittedly, I don't watch SNL much ~ do they even have an "Obama character" on the show? If I recall in past years by this point in the lection they always have mock debates, poking fun at both candidates.......has that happened at all this year?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I watch it a bit on-line. I can't stay up that late to watch it on TV. Children will do that too ya....takes all that "i am cool and stay up late" right out of ya. Especially when they wake up at 6AM. YAWN.

Um...I think SNL makes fun of just about everyone. They had one yesterday poking fun at McCain, Palin and Bush. They used to poke fun at Clinton and Gore all the time. They were picking on Hillary. I think that if they can think of something that is funny, they are going to try it. If they have someone like Fey who can do a political figure SOOOO well, then they are going to do it till it is dead. Remember how great Dana Carvy was as George Bush (daddy). Will Farrell does a great G. W. Bush so they did that a lot when he was a regular on the show. ETC. Palin herself was on the show.

As for the "main stream media", I am not sure who that is anymore. Are we talking NBC, CBS, and ABC? Is Fox included in that? I am sure they would like to be and they are VERY biased. MSNBC? I think they are biased. I actually think CNN isn't too biased, depending on who is doing the reporting. I wouldn't know the bias of the "main" stations because I rarely watch their news.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Its kind of like South Park - lots of people LOVE South Park --- until South Park targets something THEY hold dear...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I love South Park because nobody is safe. LOVE IT.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I love South Park because nobody is safe. LOVE IT.
Ditto. Though I could do without the extreme scat humor they tend towards all too frequently.

But I laughed my arse off at the "atheist future" :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I am also not a big fan of potty humor, but my hubby does get a kick out of it.

Unfortunately, South Park is another one of those shows that I only get to catch once in a while then hubby and I laugh our *sses off.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
DH and I love South Park. The episode mocking the movie 300 (which I hold near and dear to my heart) made me pee a little.

People say the same thing about Family Guy too---great until it knocks something. Fox News was up and arm bc of a recent episode where Stewie and Brian time travel to 1945 Germany, steal a Nazi uniform and it had a McCain Palin Sticker on it.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I forgot about that....good point, Nichole!

Admittedly, I don't watch SNL much ~ do they even have an "Obama character" on the show? If I recall in past years by this point in the lection they always have mock debates, poking fun at both candidates.......has that happened at all this year?

Yes! They have a guy that plays Obama and Biden. They have SNL on thursday nights for 30 minutes because of the crazy election and demand.

It's all fair and game. It cracks me up. You should check it out. It is comic relief. I think they all do a great job.

Tonight they had a Michelle Obama on and I did not think her acting was that good nor looked much like her. I thought they could do a little better with her.

You should check out youtube from lasts weeks. The rap song with Palin on the show was a crack up!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts