Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have many pictures of floral crafts I have made, but had a few handy so I thought I'd post some. Might take a bit to load though. Most of these were made with discounted materials and were sold in the craft mall that I rented space in.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Those are beautiful Sara !!!! I especially love the citrus one (4th down) I wish I could do those kind of arrangements..... Thank You for posting them... I feel inspired !!! I'm going to try to do a little !

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Lori is right they are beautiful. I liked that one too. i might just have to try some. (Clean under the beds first. need some place to hide them. LOL )

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to be really involved. LOL (craft malls, craft shows, home interior parties, interior decorating, open houses, teaching, weddings, gift baskets, and also my job as an event/party planner)

Of course, all pre-family. LOL

I plan to eventually do some tutorials, but not anything really soon with the little one almost here.

Sara

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Sara, please tell me what's in the citrus wreath.....

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The base is a grapevine wreath with a touch of spanish moss. I handwired and pan melt glued some wheat to it.
On the wreath are dried oranges, dried quince, dried apples, dried gypsophilia, mushroom birds, a nest, dried roses and some mini lotus pods.

Sara

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oops and some cinnamon sticks. (bundled and tucked in)

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Wow! Those wreaths are so beautiful! You are so talented Sara! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
They are beautiful Sara! What a wonderful talent you have.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pics. You are very talented in crafting. I think they are beautiful!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Very nice, Sara!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Beautiful! :)

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Sara, they are great, question, when working with the dried fruit, does it last, does the glue effect the shape of it etc. I've used cinnamon sticks etc. but haven't tried dried fruit.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I use only panmelt glue not a hot glue gun. The panmelt doesn't really effect the shape much. It does a little with dried apples because they are already bendable before the glue, but you are able to shape them out flat or folded etc.
I find the dried fruits are longlasting. Many retail types are treated, but as with any dried product they can go bad in time, but it's not something that happens in the first season of making something and depends on where you are displaying the craft. (indoors vs outdoors, high humidity vs dry)
I treat many of my dried crafts with design master type sprays such as shatter proof or master shine. This puts a coating on them to prevent shattering.

Sara

1 - 15 of 15 Posts