Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed up in the corner where the PM box is, that there is a little message that just seemed to be added.
It;s about 11 PM, my box says:
"SHOULDN'T YOU BE GOING TO BED SOON, INTLMOM?"
just a second ago, it said
"IT'S 11 O'CLOCK, DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE INTLMOM?"

Ok, so it doesn;t take much to make me laugh, but just wanted to make sure that everyone noticed this new fun feature!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Aren't you the early bird, therootednomad?

Oh cute!!! I didn't notice these at all. Thanks for pointing them out. How fun!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I got the early bird message too. :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
got the early bird too...lol tooo funny!

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
There are a lot of neat little "hacks" for the vbulletin software. Not sure if it is available anymore but you could buy support ribbons for underneath your name.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
There are a lot of neat little "hacks" for the vbulletin software. Not sure if it is available anymore but you could buy support ribbons for underneath your name.
Buy? As in pay for with money? Or as in virtual currency? If you had to literally buy them, that's pretty sad. Or do you mean website support? As in donations?

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I got the bedtime message last night and it made me literally LOL. :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
Buy? As in pay for with money? Or as in virtual currency? If you had to literally buy them, that's pretty sad. Or do you mean website support? As in donations?
As in with your points. Not sure how this points system is set up, but at another site I use we earn points for answering posts, reading threads and creating new threads. ( posts in the welcome section did not count towards points)
Then when you had enough points you could buy things such as different colors for your name, bold it, underline it, buy gifts for others or buy support ribbons.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Yes, I've seen the add on, but I *think* it's the one that is currently unsupported. I wasn't sure that's what you meant. There's a new one that is going to do basically the same thing with some added features that I'm looking into. I'm apprehensive because often times these add ons are created and then the coders stop supporting them.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
LOL mine says Good Evening now. :D

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Yep, I belong to a site that does this as well. It's lot of fun. I think it's called something like "vb plaza", and you can buy ribbons for other people (they appear under your avatar), make your username appear a different color or shaded, etc.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We're going to do something different than vbplaza. That's the one that isn't supported anymore. Not a good idea to implement that one because that only means future problems.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts