Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting my stockpile built back up for winter. I've been trying to get it organized and thought I would share some pictures. It's definitely not as impressive as what some have.

This also isn't everything that I have. I have canned veggies in my bedroom and more ketchup somewhere LOL. I have a tub with toothpaste, deodorants and razors under my bed and I have toilet paper and shampoo on another shelf in my closet. But here is what some of it looks like so far.

The wooden shelf unit is in my kitchen. It holds the things that I use really often like canned veggies, soups, tuna, etc. The metal unit is in my spare room and holds the overflow!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good start!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Wow! That's quite impressive, you're doing great! :tay: Just have to ask, do you get multiple newspapers or order extra coupons? I NEED to start doing that, lol!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
great job, keep it up!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Nice. I love pics of other stockpiles. I can't wait for the day I have a real pantry for mine.

Cat

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! That's quite impressive, you're doing great! :tay: Just have to ask, do you get multiple newspapers or order extra coupons? I NEED to start doing that, lol!
I rarely ever use a coupon. Our papers don't have many and they are usually for things that I don't buy. I buy mostly off brands. I just watch for really good sales and then stock up. For instance I got the Ragu (one of the few things I like in name brand) for 1.00 a jar.

·
27,948 Posts
When you look at your stash, doesn't it just make you feel good? :tay:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Jealous of your peanut butter stock. We seriously go through two jars a week here. I try to stock up, but it never works.

Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jealous of your peanut butter stock. We seriously go through two jars a week here. I try to stock up, but it never works.

Thanks for sharing. :)
When I catch it on sale for 1.00 or less I buy as many as I can afford. I bought 6 of the Peter Pan for .99 and then when Kroger had their brand for 1.00 last week I got 15. I had a coupon that Kroger sent me in the mail for one jar free and then .40 off another one. But when I got home and looked at my receipt I realized that the girl took off two free coupons instead of the .40 off so I actually paid for 13 jars and got two free.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
It goes on sale here for 99 cents but always it seems limit two! I'm too lazy to run out to the car and back in line to buy more. :D

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Looks great! Way to go! :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
NICE!!

BTW, not sure if you care, but I have a recipe for gateraide that uses Kool-Aid that tastes spot on and cost pennies on the dollar for the real stuff.

(the secret is that you actually add some salt's to it)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Your Ragu stock looks like mine, lol. One of the few meals that my picky 12 year old nephew will willingly eat is spaghetti, and only with the Traditional Ragu. Our local grocery store rarely stocks the Traditional, so when I see it, and see it cheap, I buy a ton!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NICE!!

BTW, not sure if you care, but I have a recipe for gateraide that uses Kool-Aid that tastes spot on and cost pennies on the dollar for the real stuff.

(the secret is that you actually add some salt's to it)
I got that Gatorade for .49 for the big bottles so I stocked up. Dh works in a factory with no a/c and I work a job that is VERY hot with no a/c so I buy it for us to drink in summer. If you'd like to share your recipe I'd love to try it! thanks

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your Ragu stock looks like mine, lol. One of the few meals that my picky 12 year old nephew will willingly eat is spaghetti, and only with the Traditional Ragu. Our local grocery store rarely stocks the Traditional, so when I see it, and see it cheap, I buy a ton!
We all love spaghetti or lasagna here. I like the mushroom Ragu and Walmart has stopped selling it! So I grabbed this up at a little store that had it for 1.00 a jar a week or so ago. I should have enough to last us at least a year (I hope LOL).

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Nice pix and really good start on the winter stockpile. Definitely will help you out. We don't get many coupons either and nobody doubles. Ordered them off Ebay once and done really well.
But nice going!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts