Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smooch: and I have been discussing things we'd like to see happen in our future and we've come up with some fantastic goals! They include:

~ attending school in the fall -- he will be attending NSCC (Nova Scotia Community College) taking the Culinary Arts program and I will be attending CompuCollege taking the Health, Wellness and Recreation program (i.e. personal trainer, nutrition, etc.). Both programs will take two years.
~ purchasing a fixer-upper home sometime within the next 5 to 7 years
~ owning another cat soon and probably a dog when we're living in our fixer-upper
~ eventually buying property, preferably his grandfather's property, around <a href="http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-housing-housing-for-sale-Property-near-Antigonish-W0QQAdIdZ10116864">Locharbor Lake</a> which is near where we both grew up, and where we plan to retire to.
~ eventually owning two <a href="http://www.globalpetfinder.com/images/testimonials/MeekoOrr.jpg">Thai Ridgebacks</a> that we can train and love

I am so proud of us, and especially him, for getting it together enough to make these plans! He's always been the type of guy who says, "I don't make plans" but now we're both looking towards our future together and it looks so bright and wonderful. I cannot wait to start a life with this man. :mushy:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
That is so cool, Nada. I'm so happy for you and your sweetie. Your plans sound wonderful and it sounds like y'all are on the right track toward making it happen. BTW, as far as him being the "I don't make plans" type of guy, it sounds like he knows he's found someone who is well worth making plans with for the future. ;)

--Michelle

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I love to plan and figure out what I want next. I hope you both have fun in college this fall :).

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
It's always great to have a plan, something to look forward to, I am sure your plans will work out perfectly. Have fun at school in the fall :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I hope everything works out well for you. It sounds like you and he really have it together.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
That is so cool, Nada. I'm so happy for you and your sweetie. Your plans sound wonderful and it sounds like y'all are on the right track toward making it happen. BTW, as far as him being the "I don't make plans" type of guy, it sounds like he knows he's found someone who is well worth making plans with for the future. ;)

--Michelle
that was really sweet. that made me smile :)

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
This is so great to see. You've motivated me to sit down with DH and a financial planner to discuss a few things. Great going!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
It must be wonderful to have such det goals. I have tried for years to get DH on board for that sort of thing, and he really never does. Good for you!!! Remeber all good things start with a plan!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts