Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it!!! I am fuming from it still!!

Last night DH needed the cordless drill. I went to the shed to get it as I knew where it was since I had just put it in there 2 weeks ago. It was gone!!! I looked everywhere!! We had just bought it about a month ago and used it once! I didn't notice anything else missing at the time.

Today DH asked about the chainsaw and some other items. I went to look and the chainsaw is missing too and a heavy duty extension cord!

We don't have the money laying around to just run out and replace these things. It really @#$%^& me off!

I don't have a clue as to who would take these items, but I am sure they took them and sold them.

Needless to say, we put a new lock on the shed and it is locked up. We had one on there, but it wasn't actually locked as we had lost the key. We just had it hanging on the door.

I have never taken anything from anyone before and don't understand why someone would want to take something from me?? It really upsets me!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Oh Michele, I'm sorry this has happened. It makes you feel so violated when someone comes onto your property and takes what isn't theirs. I have my fingers crossed that your stuff will turn up, but I doubt it will. :hugz:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I understand your anger. A few months ago my son was out playing in the neighborhood, left his bike a few feet away and someone took it. He wasn't being careless. He's just eight and got off the bike for a few minutes to play. There was a bunch of kids playing right there and no one saw anything (yeah right). I think that was the final straw, we're moving right after Christmas. Hopefully our new neighbors will not be crooks who raise crooked children. We don't have the money to replace it right now and that just stinks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh I am so sorry that happened to you. We had that happen a couple of times and I just can't believe the feeling of being violated I got each time. It just makes me so mad that someone thinks they can just take "OUR" stuff. Oh, the nerve!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
:hugz:

This has happened to my parents, too, and it stinks. Only in their case, they knew who it was- my Dad's x-bil and nephew.... :mad:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm so sorry about this for you. For the life of me, I can't figure out why people steal from others! This happened to us many years ago when we lived at an apt. complex for students. Our children's bicycles were taken and all our good clothes were stolen from the laundromat dryers. I wanted to cry. (I think I did!) Thieves are such low lives!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Did you happen to have the serial numbers. You may want to check the pawn shops to see if it turns up there. Also, I have heard of people finding their stuff listed on ebay.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry this happend to you guys. It has happend to us too and it turned out to be the boys down the street. We got one item back but not all the other stuff.:mad:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
:mad: sorry to read this has happened! :hugz:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'm really sorry this happened to you :hugz:

·
27,948 Posts
Other countries have interesting ways of dealing with people who steal. Hmm...:stir:
Sorry this happened to you Michelle.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. :hugz:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Oh! Michelle thats just awful! Will your house insurance cover the lost.
We have a big problem with theft like that here too. It is homeless druggies looking for anything they can sell for quick cash. It is horrible. I am so sorry it happened to you.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Call your home owners insurance ASAP and be sure to file a police report. double check the shed to make sure you list any items that are missing. I am so sorry that happened to you. Some people are really low.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kaykwilts said:
Did you happen to have the serial numbers. You may want to check the pawn shops to see if it turns up there. Also, I have heard of people finding their stuff listed on ebay.
Unfortunately we didn't have the serial numbers from these items. I figure someone probably did take them to the pawn shop. I may check ebay. Never thought of that.

We didn't report it to our insurance because I didn't think they would replace it. I guess I should call and at least find out what they would do.

I know it is frustrating!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts