Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the grocery store yesterday and had turned my head for 2 mins.When I turned back I noticed a lady walking up in front of me,which I didn't think anything of at the time. Well,I put my item in the cart and was reaching for the rest of my coupons and the whole coupon binder was gone!!!!!! I had just had it when I turned my head so the only thing I can figure is,that lady stole them :(
I went back through all the isle's I'd been on and looked everywhere,asking people along the way if they'd seen it!!! Even went to the service desk before I left. I hated to think someone had stole them

The only good thing is 1) She didn't take my purse,and 2) the coupons I already got items for was in my checkbook,so I did get to use about 10 or so.

I am so bummed. I just went through my coupon binder and had it all organized and had a good supply......Why would someone take my coupons? :cry:

I was so upset I didn't even finish all my shopping. I gotta go back today for a few things and guess I'll buy another coupon binder and start all over come Sunday. Hope there's coupons in the paper.... :(

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
That's terrible!! What a horrible thing to have happen! Lemme see what I can do to help out. What kinds of coupons do you normally clip?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That's pretty low of that lady to steal your coupons. But like you said, at least she didn't steal your purse.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't post this for people to offer me coupons,although I do greatly apperciate it. I just wanted to share it with everyone :)

I still can't get over it. I mean of all the things to take.....

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Hugs Tammy, just the same. :heartsm:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
How wrong is that!!! I can't believe that someone would stoop so low as to steal someone else's coupons!! I wonder if she knew what it was?

I would have been so upset that I wouldn't have been able to finish shopping either. :(

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Tammy,
I don't use coupons and I always send them to someone on FV. I would rather share with my friends, than to toss them.

So it's your turn, coupons will be mailed Monday. HUGS!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh my gosh, how horrible! The sad thing is it had to be another couponer because the rest of the world seems to think coupons are useless.

I'm willing to share too. I know you didn't post this to get coupons, but I have a whole envelope of ones I won't be using because it is not stuff we use. I'm happy to share if you can use any of them.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
:hugz: How awful!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i have strips of velcro that i use to keep mine closed (so it doesn't pop open and spill out all the coupons) when i have it in the cart, i have set up the straps to be long enough to strap it to th eback of the shopping cart seat. so it has always been my kids back rest.

if you can find velcro that comes in rolls (no adhesive). it comes with the hook on one side of the piece and loop on the other side, so when you wrap it attatches to itself. I found this in elecrtician supply at lowes or home depot. works great.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Sorry about that. :(
Keep checking in with the store Tammy, whoever took it may have just taken some & left the rest in a cart outside or something.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I've heard of people doing this before. It's theft! Maybe you can get the store to view their security camera from yesterday and catch who took it.

Sorry it happend to you.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
It is amazing what some people will do.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You almost feel like you need to pray for her, because that shows a real lack of heart to be able to take something like that. Just no sense of right and wrong. I am really sorry. I know how much work goes in keeping coupons clipped and organized. Hugs to you!

·
Registered
117 Posts
That is awful...I am sorry someone would be so nasty!!! I would report it to the store, and maybe the police..the security cameras should have something. If you wanted to follow through.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts