Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:furious: Started the morning off well. We received a call from our CC company and they were questioning some charges (thank God) from Texas. We weren't in Texas. AARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!

So, we cancelled those CC's and now begins the fun task of calling the companies that had auto payments from that CC (newspaper, cell phone, etc.).

Why don't these flipping low lifes that steal numbers just get a real job like the rest of us?!?!?!?:nrant:

Just needed to vent.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. I guess the lowlifes who do this are too stupid and lazy to get real jobs. I'm glad your CC company notified you right away. Hopefully, it won't be too complicated to get everything sorted out. :hugz:

--Michelle

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Sorry to hear about your CC, but glad to hear the CC company was good enough to call you!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I am so sorry! This happened to my Paypal debit and they shut the card right down. I love when these CC companies are on the ball.

I hope you get this worked out really soon. Don't forget to check online to see if there were any other charges made.

Good luck!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. I know that it is not fun.

Someone stole my DH's SSN and open a cell phone account in my husband's name. We did not find out until a collection agency called us. This person racked up $600 worth of cell phone charges in 4 months. Thankfully we were able to prove that we did not live (or ever have lived) in Texas where the account was opened.
Make sure you file a report at your local police station. Although there is not much they can do, it helps you down the road if it happens again. Also call the credit agencies and get a fraud alert put on credit report. This will help you if they try to open another account in your name.

Again, I am sorry that you have deal with this.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Oh man, soooooo sorry! What a pain in the rear end! I;m awfully glad that they were on top of things!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
So sorry that happened to you. I know what a pain it is. My dd and I both had our Debit card #'s stolen. It was during the TJ Maxx scandal when someone broke into their computers. They tried to charge stuff from Coach.com. Thankfully I caught it when I was checking with the bank to see if some money we were expecting had been deposited. Had to cancel and get new ones issued.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am so sorry this is happening to you but thank goodness the CC company called you, I agree it's a shame people make a life doing these types of things, and most often times than not, nothing is ever done about it.

Let us know how things turn out :hugz:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thank goodness the cc company called you. Any idea how this happened? We shred all mail, reciepts and anything with our names on it. My parents live in an area where people were stealing mail out of the boxes. Glad we have to have a PO box here, no home delivery available.

Sorry you're having to go through this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts