Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm sorry that I have not been very active for the past week or 2. We've had some friends going through major upheavals in their lives and have been stepping in to help them. Two families have no income at the moment and the other family needed a safe place for their 13 year old son to stay for 2 weeks while his mom did her medical rotations. He and his father (parents divorced) had a major falling out and he refuses to stay with him. So... we've had extra people here and been trying to help the other 2 families with food, homeschooling needs and whatever else they need. It's been a bit hectic.
My husband is taking all 4 of the boys camping with our church (men's campout) later today and I plan on just relaxing and watching a good "chick flick" tonight. A friend may come over to spend the night (ladies slumber party:smball: ). The mother of the boy that is staying with us is coming over to stay Saturday night to visit with us and her son and then heading back on Sunday after church.
I'll admit, I'm tired! We've been trying to homeschool throughout all of this and we're doing okay. I had to cut back on a few subjects until we have our lives back "to normal" again. Just too much to do and too little time to get it all done in.:) Hopefully I can get back to couponing also this next week. I have not been able to even get the inserts and it's hurting our grocery bill big time. I NEED MY COUPONS!:toothy:
I'd appreciate your prayers to get us through the next few weeks! :hugz:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am sending lots of good thoughts your way Debbie, and to your family also.. You are giving alot of yourself to help out your friends, YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD PERSON ------------your friends should really appreciate you... and i am sure they do..

sending prayers and good thoughts !!! :angel2: :angel2: :angel2:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Debbie,Praying for you,for your family and for the other families as well..

Debbie,Praying for you,for your family and for the other families as well..

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Deb wish I could be there to help!! Sound like you have had your hands full, you sure are an angel!!!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Debbie,
You are a wonderful person to try and care for so many. Please get some me time and plenty of rest while you can. Have a fun girls night.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:grouphug:Thanks Ladies!!!! I can tell I'm getting weary because I'm still in my jammies at 10:32 a.m.:) More crisis hit here today with my kid's band (all teenagers) with one of the boys lying to everyone and trying to play people against each other. UGHHH! I really do not like this kid at all because he is sneaky, whiny and manipulative. LORD, give me strength!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Debbie you are a wonderful person to take in an extra child and to help out 2 other families with their needs while providing for your own family.

The Lord will give you strength to deal with the "band kid".

·
27,948 Posts
Enjoy your slumber party! :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Debbie, I'm thinking about you and hoping that the families you are helping will be having a better futur, soon. Yes, you are a very generous person.:heartsm:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
:hugz: I will remember you in my prayers! Wow I bet you are tired! Such a nice thing to do. You deserve a girls nite! Have a fun.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I'd be tired too!! My gosh, you are busy! Take care and I am hoping for you that this all is done with soon!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:grouphug: Ladies!
My men have all left on their camping trip and it looks like it's just me tonight (I don't think my friend is going to make it). Oh well, I'm going to enjoy my quiet time. My husband kissed me goodbye with orders to rest, relax and pamper myself. I love that man of mine!!!!:cloud9:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Debbie, you are such an Angel ! Have a good time alone tonight and relax, sounds like you've earned it !!!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Big :hug2: Debbie, enjoy your "ME" time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts