Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a little nervous but I also feel good about this decision! I'm letting my full-time (plus sometimes!) job go to become a very very very part-time (20hr/wk) worker. Fortunately my position within the hospital pays very well and even with dropping to a very part-time position I still have medical/ dental benefits and a pension. If I cut some luxuries out completely or at least lower the many “packages” to basic services- internet, cell, land line, cable, general unaccountable spending along with cutting my car payment by buying a cheaper car outright once my lease is done this spring (my current car is a totally impractical 2 door, gas guzzler, not a mommy mobile at all) then it's very doable.
I've made this choice for a few reasons but mostly because I’m having a terrible time juggling being a full-time mom who’s also working out of the house full-time…been doing this nasty juggle for over 18 years now and I need to slowdown and focus on what’s really important. I haven’t been happy for what seems like forever and neither have my boys with this fast paced lifestyle. So for me this wasn’t to save money on daycare, gas, work clothing etc. it was made to save my sanity and to make me feel and BE a better mother, housekeeper and well basically a better person.
I’m also very fortunate that I do work in a hospital environment and if I decide that I want to beef up a few pay cheques because we to do a little extra something I can mark myself as available for extra shifts and if they need me they’ll call I’ll work and that’s that.
So kiss off Joneses LOL and let the simple life begin!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sounds good! I'm a SAHM now,but several years ago I was full-time plus. Ilost my job when I had a 1 year old, a 3 year old, and an almost 7year old and it has been much less stressful. I now have two other children and when I do go back (kids are 10, 6, 4, 2, and 3 mos), I am hoping to work ~20hrs/week. To me, it seems the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
173 Posts
How wonderful! I'm sure you will quickly find that the simple things in life bring just as much enjoyment and you won't look back. We live very frugally so I can be home and homeschool our kids. We are all so much happier than we were when I was teaching and they were all in school. Enjoy your new lifestyle!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
You made a great decision and I'm sure you will be happy and less stressed. :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
You have made a wonderful decision that will give you peace and more time with your family. Blessings and enjoy.

Reactions: momof2boys2005

·
Registered
382 Posts
Please keep us updated on how this is going for you because this is one of my goals also.
Something my friend told me today was to make a list of all the things I want to do when I reach that goal because it is easy to get caught up in life and then not accomplish any more than when I was working the 40 hour week and the cutbacks would have been for nothing. (by accomplish I mean what is important to you, which sometimes means doing nothing is part of the list :) )

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please keep us updated on how this is going for you because this is one of my goals also.
Something my friend told me today was to make a list of all the things I want to do when I reach that goal because it is easy to get caught up in life and then not accomplish any more than when I was working the 40 hour week and the cutbacks would have been for nothing. (by accomplish I mean what is important to you, which sometimes means doing nothing is part of the list :) )
I will!!!! :tay:

:grouphug:Thank you all for the positive feedback!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts