Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with these? Someone told me that there are some caves in the southern-most part of Indiana where you can take a boat trip through the underground stream.

We're headed to the Creation Museum in Ohio later this month and I wanted to stop at the caves on the way home.

We'll be camping. Any information on camping and the caves is greatly appreciated! :wave:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Google Merango cave and Squire Boones Caverns. I know there are a few more but these are the two names I can thhink of off the top of my head. Squire Boone's is on the smaller side so I don't think there is a boat ride there. I don't remeber much about Merango. I know there are other caves too. I think the Crystal Onyx cave might be in Indiana.

If your really looking for a great cave experience though Mammoth Cave is about an hour and a half down I65 in Kentucky. I think its still being billed as the longest mapped cave in the world. You need reservations to assure yourself of a spot though. It draws crowds all year.

http://www.nps.gov/maca/planyourvisit/cavetours.htm

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're heading for Mammoth Caves now! :cheer4: Hubby & I were there BK (before kids). We weren't sure if we had the time to do it, but made the adjustments in our schedule. Looking forward to it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts