Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man. We got 3 inches of rain (which is about 1/5 of our yearly total....lol) too. There were tornadoes all around us and a small town 10 miles away was hit hard. No deaths thankfully but lots and lots of destruction. We went to a friend's basement and had a good visit with other folks who did the same. We had our dog, Dad and his dog, there were about 5 other dogs there as well but it all went well. I kept my poodle crated as she doesn't like animals (not knowing she's a dog and all....lol). We almost had to swim home, water up to midway on our tires and coming from a semi arrid place it's not something we see often. Our house smells a little musty this morning b/c of water having gotten under the house but hopefully it will dry up in a couple of days. We needed rain but not sure how much good it did coming so fast. Anyone else have severe weather last night?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am glad you are okay, what a scary night for you! We had nice weather here yesterday and again today. I live in an area that gets snow almost 6 months out of the year, and it wears on me. I am not sure I could live somewhere with tornado scares though, I can handle a blizzard, but not a tornado or hurricane. I hope you will have calm weather the rest of the spring/summer.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Wow, glad that you are all ok. Must have been a scary night.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
That sounded really scary. Glad you all are okay.

·
27,948 Posts
Wow, so glad you all are ok & hope those effected can get back to normal asap. :hugz: Hope this is it for the devastating storms, 2 close calls for you so far this year if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
im glad your all ok. It must of been scary. I would be. The worst case scenory here is tidal waves taking our little Island out.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sounds very scarey but glad everyone is ok :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
No bad weather here today. It is finally warm and beautiful. I am glad that your family is okay, that sounds like a sressful time to me. I can't imagine just waiting and wondering if one of those tornados is going to hit your home or your safety area. Stay safe.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Glad your family is ok, and no deaths in the area you said was hit hard. When it comes to natural disasters all areas are prone to something, honestly I like the hurricanes, there is plenty of notice as to what is coming, so plenty of time to do what is needed to keep the family safe and try to protect your property. Tornados and earthquakes scare me, and quite often not enough notice to get to a safe place. As for blizzards and ice storms, they aren't so bad...but when it comes to snow I so hated the flooding we had quite often with spring thaw when we lived up north.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Lisa, I am glad you are ok and were able to ride out the storm in a friend's storm shelter.

·
4,028 Posts
Glad you are safe!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wow! Everything was calm here. We even slept with the windows open last night.

I've never been in that kind of situation.... oh wait... yes I have. I was 12 when hurricane Iniki plowed through Hawaii. Thankfully it didn't hit our island.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thank God everyone is Ok.

I'm afraid this year is going to be a nasty one. Watching some of these clouds and as dark & ugly as they are already..

Tornado season here is usually the first week of June. The season started early I guess.

Be careful, keep your eye on the sky...stay safe..

·
Registered
579 Posts
I am glad you are safe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts