Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replacing my pressure tank. Bladder blew out of it a while ago so the water pump kept turning on and off...raised heck with my last electric bill. After I got that bill, I started looking for a replacement. Ended up on Amazon...$210 and a week later got the tank...took me another week to find the time and inclination to install it.

The big point I want to make is that if this happened even last year, it would have gone on a CC...I paid CASH (well, debit - same as cash) for it. Feels pretty good. AND, I still have money in my checking account!

Everyone, I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a frugal, debt free New Year.

Lee

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came pre-charged at 40psi of air. My pressure switch is a 30-50 psi so I had to bleed off to 18psi before I turned the pump on.

It's a Flotech tank that's about 35 gal total capacity. There is a bladder that holds the water...supposed to equal an 82 gal bladderless tank.

I put the system together in '97 so I'm not doing bad with it.

Lee

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh.......I plan on repurposing the old tank. Going to cut it in half around the middle and make a couple fire pits...thinking as I type...make the cut 8" or so from the bottom to make a bbq grill and make a fire pit out of the top.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Awesome! Great money saver when you can fix things yourself. :clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts