Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to rid your home of spiders? DS#3 is deathly afraid of them. I saw 2 last night and so did he. He screamed for 30 minutes. I don't know why he is so scared of them, but he always has been. If we go to a public place and there is a spider in the bathroom, he will refuse to go in there and use it.

Is there anyway to get rid of them besides killing them...lol! I just don't want him to see them.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I wish I knew! :D

We had bought some fumigator to get rid of spiders and haven't got around to it..other than that I don't know any way to get them out...

Although I guess just checking for how they might be getting in, and routinely getting rid of spider webs which might be hosting a nest...hmm any other idea's ladies? :)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
no ideas, but i HATE spiders too!!! eewwww, i'd rather have a snake on me than a spider!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Most spiders are harmless..........some are harmful to people, and those spiders should be dealt with, widows, reluce,and a few others, try fumagating and like Heather said don't give them places to nest..... If these are harmless species, try education your ds and teach him (and yourself) how harmless most of them really are.... But because I am no expert, I leave them all alone.......

·
362 Posts
You can get your house sprayed monthly by an exterminator and that will help reduce the number of misc crawly things.

Also try keeping boxes and such about 6 inches away from the walls, as they love dark corners.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I'm sorry, but I'm of no help when it comes to spiders. I don't know anything about getting rid of them. They just seem to be a part of everyday life, especially for us, since we live around so many trees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.