Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, who's idea of a joke is this? What's the weather like where you are?

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
:wave: mine! I have a buddy at the National Weather Service and I asked him to send any extra snowfall to your area.

Today we are going to reach a balmy 55*F.

oh, you're welcome btw. :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
High today is expected to be 80; then it's in the HIGH 80s the rest of the week. Sigh. I loathe hot weather and would trade with you in a heartbeat! Soon, it will be in the 100s here. Although I was born here, I can't imagine why ANY of our ancestors EVER thought this would be a good place to live, especially before AC. If all my roots and family were not here, I would soooo move to a place that still had snow on the ground in March and beyond. . .

·
Registered
724 Posts
This is what the weather network says for my area:

Summary

15 to 25 cm of snow and blowing snow is expected on Tuesday. The potential for severe winter weather exists over these regions.

Details

An intense low pressure system is expected to move across the Dakotas Tuesday bringing heavy snow and strong easterly winds to Southern Manitoba. 15 to 25 cm of snow is possible in Southwestern Manitoba including the Minnedosa region, southeast to the Morden area. Strong easterly winds and falling snow will cause extensive blowing snow with blizzard like conditions Tuesday. The exact track of this low is still somewhat uncertain. A winter storm watch is an alert of the potential development of severe winter weather. Persons in or near these areas should be prepared for developing adverse weather conditions and should listen for updated watches and possible warnings.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Houston Texas here and it has been in the high 70's to low 80's for high temps. for a week or so already. All the doors and windows have been open for weeks with me in short, tank tops, and barefoot or sneakers. I even rode my Harley this weekend without a jacket of any kind; just jeans and short sleeve shirts.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:wave: mine! I have a buddy at the National Weather Service and I asked him to send any extra snowfall to your area.

Today we are going to reach a balmy 55*F.

oh, you're welcome btw. :D
You're welcome too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Its been above freezing here in Ontario Canada,the snow is almost gone.Now they say the system from out west, Brandon Manitoba might get up to 50 cm,will be heading here.Another 10-15 cm might be coming.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Its been above freezing here in Ontario Canada,the snow is almost gone.Now they say the system from out west, Brandon Manitoba might get up to 50 cm,will be heading here.Another 10-15 cm might be coming.
Chowder, I'm in Brandon--if you want, I can send you some of what we're supposed to get!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
85 degrees and sunny here

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
damp rainy chilly yuk

dodged raindrops for work and for carting my 14 yo dd for xrays
was going to BBQ grill some steaks for dh and my anniversary today but not the best weather ( plus with all the drama from 14 yo dd getting hurt at cheer competition sunday - i forgot to take them out last night to thaw )

·
Registered
328 Posts
In the northeast corner of Alabama the weather is an awesome 76 degrees!! The sun is shining!! Its a beautiful day!! I am so thankful that we do not have that snow Darlene!! Maybe some pretty days are headed your way!! :)

·
Super Moderator
20,700 Posts
We're in northern Minnesota just south of northern Ontario, and under a winter weather alert and expecting 3-5 inches of snow in the next thirty-six hours.

In all seriousness, I've always thought we have some of the best weather in the country, overall.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.