Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I will work on getting this organized anyone who wants to attend is more than willing to post and give me an idea of the ideal time. Kids are getting ready to start school so it will probably need to be a weekend or is labor day open to anyone? We will be at six flags on Sept.13 so that is the only day I am booked. Everyone give me an idea of your schedule and I will pick a time that suits the most people. Also after we nail down a date everyone that can make it can sign up to bring something for a picnic lunch. Oh I will get a pic posted so you will know who your looking for when we get there.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I love this idea ! If I am given a weeks notice I can request a day off from work, so no problem on day. My family loves the idea !

·
Registered
601 Posts
boo hoo ------- :weeping: I wanta go but that's too far for me, at least for now------I would love to get to meet some of my village buddies in person.... Sounds like a great idea and I hope whomever gets to go really enjoys the trip...... You'll just have to take lots of pics to share with everyone else here...

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
:cry: :cry: Now I am sad. It's too far for me but I sure hope the rest of you have a wonderful time. I think its a great idea. Have fun.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Id love o meet village friends, but this time i won't have the chance. It is too far for me. But i can't wait to see pics and get to see how it all goes! post lots and lots of pics for us to see in the gallery!!!

·
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I was thinking the animals are more active and my dd#2 wnats to go around her birthdayand Lori just went. BTW Lori how were the penguins?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I could go again soon, but can wait also..... The penguins are great ! It's so cool in there ! It's over by the bears ..... We loved it !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Weekends I'm off work in Sept would be 13/14 and 27/28 My weekends in Oct. are booked up, but don't plan things just around me- do whatever works for the majority.

·
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok ladies it looks like our outing will be Saturday Sept. 27. Please post to this list and let everyone know what you will be bringing for lunch so we do not end up with 16 bowls of potatoe salad!:eek:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Sounds great! That is dd's 2nd birthday weekend (the 28th is her birthday) so I would probably have gone to IL to celebrate with family anyway. It will take me probably 2 hours to get from the in-laws house to there, give or take traffic, so I am not sure what would be good to bring. Maybe something cold that I can keep in a cooler. (I don't want to give anyone food poisoning!!):eek:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Nearly a 2 hour drive for me too, but cooler will keep things cold. Tell me what you want me to bring and see what I can do.

·
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mel my dd#2 is the 29th! I ama two hour drive also. I was thinking about doing some roasted sticky chickens then pulling it off the bone and having it cold. What do ya think?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Please post pics for those of us far away...Have fun girls!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm open just about anytime.......post a date and I will request it off....... I had a thought.... I have some nice toys the kids aren't using anymore..... some regift quality..... how about a FREE yard sale..we can do it out of the trunk of my car (a boot sale as Bev would call it ) and that way if you want to gift it this Christmas the kids won't see it .. What do ya think ?????... I also have some things to bring for prizes for the kids to win playing some games.......

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Oh yeah....... I can bring bread, cheese, meat and dressings for sandwiches and some soda, tea and koolaid...

·
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lori I was thinking abour bringing some clothes that my kids have outgrown to see if anybody could use them! Frugal minds think alike. We will post pics don't worry Robin.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'll request the 27th off if that is the date set....... are we firm on that yet ???????
Angelee, sticky chicken sounds yummy !!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts