Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
134 Posts
I went to the first link... found a "Green Velvet Cake" looked and oh my! what fun I can have with this recipe!

Green Velvet Cake

1 1/2 cups oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp green food coloring
1 Tbs vinegar
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

FLUFFY WHITE FROSTING

3 Tbs meringue powder
1/2 cup cold water
2 cup sugar
1/4 cup white corn syrup
1/2 cup water

Combine eggs, sugar, oil and vinegar in bowl. Mix well. Sift flour and soda together. Add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing well after each addition. Blend in vanilla and food coloring. Pour into 3 greased and floured 8 " cake pans.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool. Frost between layers, top and side of cake. Sprinkle chopped pistachio nuts on top. For frosting, beat meringue powder and 1/2 cup of cold water til stiff, about 4 minutes.

Mix sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup of water in a 2 qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cool slightly.

Slowly add syrup to meringue mixture while beating on low. After adding all syrup to the mixture, turn beaters on high.

Beat for about 4 minutes until stiff and glossy.

now to go back and look at more. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
134 Posts
oh WOW! I bet this one is also pretty! chocolate and green!

St. Patrick’s Irish Mist Brownies

Brownies ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs

Filling ingredients:

2 cups powdered sugar
1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
3 T butter, softened
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
5 drops green food color
2 drops yellow food color

Drizzle ingredients:

1 (1 oz.) square unsweetened baking chocolate, melted

Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt 1/2 cup butter and 2 squares chocolate in 2 qt. saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth (4 to 6 minutes).

Stir in all remaining brownie ingredients until well mixed. Spread into greased 8 in. square baking pan.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until brownie just begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely.

Combine all filling ingredients except chocolate in small bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Spread over cooled bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool completely; cut into bars. Cover; store refrigerated.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I love corned beef and cabbage, even though it's not truly Irish. And the next day I mix the leftover cabbage with mashed potatoes for colcannon. Yum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts