Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all those prayers.....

The stalker was found GUILTY. Actually he pleaded guilty to trespassing thru a plea bargain. I know that sounds weird but this is what happened. I am sitting in the courtroom with my witnesses and the advocate, him and his wife are sitting there alone. The Commonwealth Atty (my side) comes up and says that their atty wants to make a deal. The stalker will plead guilty to trespassing and no one has to testify at all. I refuse unless I am given a 2 year protective order. In the end his atty takes him out in the hall and tells him to take it. We all have to stand before the judge and this guy gets told completely off by the judge. He had prior trouble with this guy and really gave it to him. He has a suspended sentence that can now be revoked at any moment. This guy can not come near me or anyone in my family at all for 2 years. If he does he is picked up and put in jail immediately. Should I see him lurking about, he can be found guilty of stalking without much documentation now. I was upset over the trespassing charge until the advocate told me that essentially I got the same response from the judge. If the charge was stalking instead of trespassing he would have still gotten a suspended sentence. Looking back now, I can see that God answered my prayers in his own way. No one had to testify, I was not slandered in front of my family and friends, his wife was not put thru listening to all that and SO did not have to hear it either. I think justice was served.

However, I was warned several times to never let my guard down now and to keep a very watchful eye out. A protective order is a piece of paper, not a bullet proof vest. I am hoping the judge scared him bad enough though that he will stay away and maybe go back overseas to the middle east.

Thanks again for all those prayers. You saved the day for sure.

pat

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Pat, its so good to hear that things worked out. Hopefully now, even though you have to be extra careful, you can move on in your life. God does answer prayers.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Pat, It is good to hear that things turned out as well as they could have, I quess. I would keep my guard up, but try to live my life. Hope this is the end of all this torment for you.
Jeanna

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Great news Pat! :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Pat,
I'm glad you now have that protective order in place and I pray for your continued safety.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Oh, I am so glad that things worked out for you!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Pat I'm so glad that he pleaded quilty! I'm sorry you still have to be so carefull. God Bless and take care.:)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i'm so glad it all worked out for you. i was thinking of you yesterday and wondering what was going on.:hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh, Pat! I'm so happy for you! I'm really glad things went well.
:hugz: You deserve to be happy and feel safe.

Take care...:)

·
27,948 Posts
Great news! Continue to take care of you & yours.:)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That is good news Pat, just be very careful !!!!!!! Stay safe !

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Be very careful and I hope EVERYTHING works out just as well!

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I'm so glad things turned out good for you....do be carefull and keep your eyes open....I don't want to be the voice of doom and gloom....but please keep watching and stay vigilant.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
What great news!! I'm so happy to hear this!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
homesteadmamma said:
Pat, its so good to hear that things worked out. Hopefully now, even though you have to be extra careful, you can move on in your life. God does answer prayers.
ITA--thanks for keeping us posted. I am happy to hear all went as well as to be expected :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Pat, I am so happy that it turned out well for you. I hope that you have happier sunnier days ahead for you, DD and SO.

:hugz:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts