Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stalking the Grocery Guy and Other Fun Things To Do---

Okay, maybe I wasn't exactly stalking him, but, it sure looked that way... let me start at the beginning...

I had gone to the grocery store before my insurance company opened, after grabbing the usual, milk, eggs, butter, I found myself in the poultry section, surrounded by a gaggle of clucking hens over the price of chicken. After flattening their feathers, they all flew away... thats when I heard it.. *beep... beep... swoosh* ... followed by another *beep... beep... swoosh*

Curiosity got to me, so I moved over a little to get a better view of a man standing with a crisp white lab coat and... :hocus:a magic wand that lowered the price of any item it came in contact with. I tried to wave the car payment under it, but... alas... I jump too far ahead.. I noticed that he was waving his wand over the beef. I don't eat beef, so I wasn't all that interested and started walking away... that's when he headed towards the very spot the flock of women had been standing... NOW, I was interested... he would pick up an item, wave his wand, put it back... I raced up and grabbed it. We played this cat & mouse game 2 more times, and finally, he just handed them to me.

To anyone standing back watching this dance, I suppose it could have looked as if I was stalking him because I asked him what else he was going to mark down (It was like talking to the Wizard of Oz... ) and it was the very things needed, so, I followed him around the store.

·
27,948 Posts
Lol! I stalk the person in the meat dept that is smacking the packages with new & improved sticker prices. I'll take one of those & those and those...

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I would have been stalking too! (Oops I mean following), lowered prices of stuff is a dream come true. lol

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
This is too funny. I was just "stalking" the produce manager this morning. I saw he was marking down some bags of Fresh Express salad. I asked "What is the date you are marking down?" He said "March 25 or sooner". My reply "There is some cole slaw mix over here dated March 25, if I go away for a few minutes, will it be marked down when I return?" Answer "YES!" I got my slaw mix for 79¢, and the regular price is $1.59.

In fact, I saved 91% with my coupons and sales on this shopping trip! I only spent $2.76 for the following:

One gallon of 1% milk
One gallon of drinking water (refill)
Two Bartlett Pears
One bag of Fresh Express Slaw mix
(2) 5-ct. Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
(2) 5- ct. Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls
(6) "Trial Size" Pillsbury Chocolate Chip cookie dough chubs

Then I received a $5.00 off my next shopping order coupon for purchasing 10 of the Pillsbury items!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
That was really cute! I love mark down meat Im just not early enough.
Once I was in Publix and the butcher asked me if I wanted some free chicken. I thought was jokeing but he wasnt! I got three packages of organic chicken breast for free.

·
Registered
902 Posts
LOL!!! When I first read this, I thought it was maybe because he looked like Brad Pitt. I should have known better with this crowd!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I love the mark down sections at the store. My favorite grocery store marks their meat from yesterday down first thing in the AM and also yesterdays baked goods. I usually stop by on my way home from work at 7AM.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
:crackup: too funny !

I usually do the red sticker scan when we hit the meat department, but lately I haven't seen much....wrong time.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I will have to keep my eyes open for someone lowering prices on the produce and meat :).

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
brad pitt!!! lol she wishes lol
everyone of those cluckers would of deff. followed him around then. lol
I would of too, i wait sometimes to see what their putting down in prices.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
cute. heck, i'd have done the same thing!!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Awesome. I would have asked him and his magic wand to marry me.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
This is too funny. I was just "stalking" the produce manager this morning. I saw he was marking down some bags of Fresh Express salad. I asked "What is the date you are marking down?" He said "March 25 or sooner". My reply "There is some cole slaw mix over here dated March 25, if I go away for a few minutes, will it be marked down when I return?" Answer "YES!" I got my slaw mix for 79¢, and the regular price is $1.59.

In fact, I saved 91% with my coupons and sales on this shopping trip! I only spent $2.76 for the following:

One gallon of 1% milk
One gallon of drinking water (refill)
Two Bartlett Pears
One bag of Fresh Express Slaw mix
(2) 5-ct. Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
(2) 5- ct. Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls
(6) "Trial Size" Pillsbury Chocolate Chip cookie dough chubs

Then I received a $5.00 off my next shopping order coupon for purchasing 10 of the Pillsbury items!
You go girl!! :mdance:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts