Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So me and my husband stumbled into staples today not really planning on buying anything, but not to upset if we did. We always walk up and down every isle because ours hides clearance everywhere. So we're in the back and i see these plastic hanging file folder holders, the kind with a handle so you can take it with you. So i thought to myself this would be perfect for all the paperwork for the house we are buying!...I looked for a price tag only to find a clearance tag instead. Ready the original price was $9.99 my price was $0.50. 50 cents a piece. I bought 5 of them because i needed some more file storage. Then walked over by furniture,almost every floor model 50% off. Theres a matching printer shelf to my husbands desk. We didnt buy it but im going to go back and see if its there still because its metal and glass, 3 shelves and quite wide only $20.00 my husband has wanted this for a long while, the only reason we didnt buy it was because all we had was my car. So im gonna tell he we can splurge on it because he really does need it. And honestly when he first started looking at it was $80 dollars.

The file totes are really nice, i plan on using one for scrapbooking since i do letter size scrapbooks, and it has a place for pens and pencils, ect... in the lid, it will be great to take when i only want to take a few supplies. I attached a picture of the same type, only mine are dark blue, and have full length handles.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow you got a great deal! I would go back too and get your DH that printer shelf he wants and surprise him with it. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
You got an amazing deal on those file boxes :) The printer shelves sound like they are a great deal too going from $80 to $20.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Awesome deal!!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Those file boxes were a steal!! You'd pay more for that at Goodwill.
Go ahead and splurge for your hubby... I'm sure he's worth it.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
wtg! awesome deals!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Those were a great bargain! :dancing:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone..

We went back and got the printer shelf, then my husband had to point out that there was a matching desk for only 50 dollars which used to be about 199 when we first started buying up this stuff. Since we planned on combining offices in our new house to save on space we splurged and bought both pieces. we spent 76 dollars but we were going to spend over $280 dollars on the two pieces a few months ago so it was worth it. Now it matches the desk we bought him 50% off last year, and we can have a complete matching set so that we can spend sometime together in the office and still feel like we have our own space.

So while it was hard to spend the almost 80 dollars at staples, it was all cash, and i had already paid over 300 to the credit card this month so i felt okay doing it.

The desk according to staples website... $199.00!!!! But because it was a floor model which my store is selling ALL their furniture floor models i only paid 50.50 and the website says the stands price is supposed to be $99!!

It hurt to spend that money but savings like that made it all the better...

I uploaded the pictures so you can see them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts