Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Canada but was wondering who all has Star Choice? Do they also offer internet services?

I am with a company in our town, we have basic cable and unlimited internet........well I guess sort of with the internet. My dd's bought a web cam out of their Christmas money and we got a call from our cable company stating that we were using up to many gigs when we uploaded the webcam so for the month of jan and they said also feb we have to pay $22 for each month ($44.) and then starting in march we can start paying $3 extra each month above our unlimited internet service. The $22 is because we didn't sign for the extra service :confused: .

we were paying $68.20 a month for basic t.v cable and unlimited internet but in march (once the paper work goes through so that we can use the webcam without penalty fees our bill will be $71.20 a month.

I am wondering if maybe we should look into star choice t.v but would love to just get a package if the price is right. I can't seem to find a phone number for them however to get information. I did a search on ask jeeves awhile back but kept getting a website in Calgary Alberta and we are in Quebec.

Any help on this would be Sooooooooooo Appreciated :)

Thanks,
Heather

·
Registered
579 Posts
i love my starchoice, i can up the tv service or downsize it as needed, right now i'm paying 20.99a month for over 80 channels and i love it..they do offer internet but its a bit odd...my firend has it and loves it..its like under 20 a month...but when you download its through the dish but when you upload its through your phone line....

you can add a booster to it...anyhow she's very satisfied..

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank-you both :) .

Madkat, I checked out the link you posted, thank-you:) . I got all of the information which I needed, just waiting for dh and the girls to come home so I can go over the stations with them.

Celina, thank-you for responding too , your post helped me out lots :) . I used the link posted by Madkat and called them and they said that their internet lines are with Netscape which I would have to call them on a different number and it was by using the phone lines.

I think that I am going to take the plunge and treat myself to satellite t.v.....lol....we have always had just basic cable with the exception of a couple of years ago I did order the movie channel through our cable company but after 2 months of watching only 1 movie on the movie channel we cancelled it , as we usually rent the older movies a couple of times a month at a discount price so we can pause them when needed.

Again thanks so much :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts