Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 hours of mother daughter fun sewing time with Little Miss made 12 bags.

She did the sewing she could do and I finished the parts that were to hard for her.

While I worked on the "hard" parts she used the leftover sleeves to cut the rag curlers she has been wanting to try.

Here is the t shirt bag tutorial I used.

I did find that the triangle step did make the bags look more finished and nice looking gift.

I also cut on the outside on the sleeve leaving the seam stitching of the sleeve for added stability. ( read this on another tutorial and found it looked as nice and and did add extra sturdy factor.

looked nice with polo shirts as well as t shirts.
I even made one with a sweathirt hooodie ( didn't do the triangle thing for that one to thick. The pocket on the front was super cute.)

Size wise I liked the xl boys or the small mens the medium men's was a bit big for my tastes but will still make a fine gift.

I am goin to make the made by tag and the washing instuction tags out of brown grocery bags and tie on with leftover Christmas curling ribbon.

I used outgrown or No way and I wearing that hand me down shirts.

Since all the sticking in on the inside I used the odd color thread that has been hanging on in the sewing box of a long while.

Cost of the presents $0 and some quality time with Little Miss.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
What cool gift ideas, thanks for the video I can picture it better. Would love to see pictures of your beautiful ones. You are so talented, and I love how you show your daughter these creative skills. I am artistic and love making things with my children. My daughter is now in art school, will send her this video as well.

I am sure everyone will love these. Whoever is on your gift list is very lucky.:)

Reactions: imagine

·
8,714 Posts
~I made a t-shirt bag 8 years ago and it's still in great shape and in regular use. They're awesome and so easy! I'm sure your recipients will appreciate them. :) ~

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
~I made a t-shirt bag 8 years ago and it's still in great shape and in regular use. They're awesome and so easy! I'm sure your recipients will appreciate them. :) ~
It is so good to hear that the hold up well

Thanks for letting us know

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Way to go!! :tay:

I made a bunch of them last year and always carry a few in my car........super sturdy, wash well, last a long time.

I refuse to buy gift wrapping!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
This is so strange. I emailed my dau's, I betcha @ least 2 months ago asking for their old tshirts. So far out of 3 dau's, 1 has mentioned the email & 0 tshirts!!! What great gifts!!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts