Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since last Oct. I've been working P/T as a caregiver @ an assisted living facility. I was really starting to burn out. A couple of weeks ago I saw an ad in our local paper for a P/T teaching position @ the YMCA. Long story short....I got the job! It's Mon-Fri 3-6 p.m. and they are actually giving me more in pay than advertised in the paper, as I have quite a few years of experience. I'll be working with 4 yr olds for now. And the best part.....It's less than a mile from my home :)

I have less than 3 hours until I start and I'm not sure if I'm nervous, excited or both! But at the moment I feel like puking! LOL!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Congratulations on the job, I'm so happy for you :).

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Good luck with the new job.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Congrats. Best of luck to you. Enjoy your first day.

·
27,948 Posts
1st. No puking allowed.
2nd. Congratulations & have fun!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
congrats!! tell us all about it when you get home!!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS JOY!!! This is such good news and I'm so happy for you! I hope you have a wonderful 1st day at work! :teddy2:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Whoo Hoo Joy,
You Go Girl...

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Congrats Joy! :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks ladies! I had a great first day :) I may be off tomorrow as it looks like it will probably be a snow day here. We are expecting 12-14 inches!

·
4,028 Posts
Congratulations on a great first day! I bet you learned how to play the best games around!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Congrats :cheer4: Glad you had such a great first day and isn't it nice to be so close to work?!? :teach:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Great news. Good luck with the job.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
How is it now that you are a little bit into it??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts