Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided to start my fling 2013 things in 2013 challenge this week, already have a box with 35 clothing items packed up and ready for goodwill!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Hey! Good for you! No time like the present, no day like today!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Help me with this - what is fling 2013 things ..
Does is mean you fling (discard, donate) 2013 things in the year 2013?
Or can you sell them too? I'd rather sell items if I can.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you "fling" 2013 things in 2013, they can be flung anyway you like as long as they are out of your house :)

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Yay!! so... I'll interpret that to mean... out of my house.. can be sold or donated. I like!

I will start with the items as soon as the weekend comes along.
(I have work all week)

Cheers!

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YAY! I have been going through my closet (and my kids' closets today) I am up to 132 items packed up to be taken to goodwill or thrown out already

·
Registered
960 Posts
Since I only got rid of about 1000 items toward the 2012 goal this year, I'll be joining the 2013 in 2013 challenge on January 1st. Still have a lot of stuff that must go!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm in! I will be having a garage sale with my mom in the spring and am going to be cleaning out closets this week while I have some extra time in the hopes of finding a few things to sell for some extra income this month. I will do my best to keep a tally and record it here!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just added 42 more items to my pile bringing my total to 199 so far!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 boxes misc trash from laundry room
2 bottles woo lite that I will never use
3 empty litter jugs

That brings me up to 218!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in! Went through the boys' catch-all tubs today and sorted items for keep/donate/trash. Their room still looks too full but a little better. I didn't count items so I'll just count the number of bags: Donate = 1, Trash = 1

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've got a total of about 40 things that have been tossed/prepped for donation in the last couple of days. DS's toy box was dumped out and several junky little things were tossed. In going through our clothes, I've pulled out several items to be donated and a few of the kids' baby clothes that were just too stained to be given to anyone else.

Reactions: piney and Libby

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I always forget to keep count...but so far today, two big boxes of misc. for the thrift store and two bags of trash out! And a bag of misc. trash/broken Christmas junk yesterday.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I'm in! I joined the fling 2012 things but lost count but know I surpassed 2012 items when I started tossing bags of stuff...hopefully this year I'll keep better track?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I will join and try to keep track this year of all the things that go out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I always want to do this but never seem to keep track. Just today I took a doll seat that my grands were not playing with and about 5 other toys to the thrift store. Also, they donate rag clothing to some place so found out I don't have to be picky about what I send, it all gets used so there went 2 shirts and 2 jeans that were awful! Then 9 other clothing/household items for a total of 20. Small start but it's a start!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A start is a start be it big or small!

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I packed up 31 clothing items to go to goodwill and filled 2 trash bags of paper trash, that brings me up to 252!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts