Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am tired working out in the "real world" for someone else. My mom & I are starting our own Gourmet Coffee & Treats Business. I am going through all of the red tape now, permits, sales tax #'s, etc. I hope that everything will be going by the middle of June. When I get it going if any of you ladies are interested in being a Gourmet Consultant, it is free to sign up, I will supply the necessary materials to get you started and you make 30% off of the top of all orders. Just let me know. I will keep anyone interested in the progress I am making.

Thanks,
Michele Burgess
Mom to Michael, David & Anthony

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That sounds like a great business Michele. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Sounds like a great thing!! Can you give me some more info on the consultant thing? I'm interested to know more about that and what you have to do.

Good luck on your new adventure....I'm sure you will do great!!! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for wishing me so much luck everyone!! I know that when you first start your own business it will take some time to get it going but I am investing in myself and my family.

Daphne to answer your question. When I finally get all of the red tape cleared up I am offering free consultant regristration. I will send you the brochures with the products in them. On your first order (incase you want to get samples for yourself, etc. I will give you 35% off the products ordered. Each order from then on you will get 30% off all of your purchases. This means, you will charge the price in the book for the order plus any shipping that may apply and then you will keep 30% of the profit from the product order for yourself. This concept is similar to the Avon, Tupperware concept. You will be your own "boss" and this will be your business. You can make as much money as you wish to make. I am coming up with a hostess concept, so that if you have someone that wants to host a party, the hostess gets a certain percentage of products free from the total order. For example if the entire party had $100.00 in total products ordered, the hostess would get $10.00 in free product. My whole theme of things is eventually going to be centered toward relaxation. I also want to incoporate a "Book of the Month Club" as well as a "Bath & Body" line. The "Book of the Month Club" might be easier to start with. The "Bath & Body" line will be harder. I cannot find anyone that makes the product and is willing to wholesale it in this way. I am still looking. It would be easy to join a group like "Country Bunny" but the start up costs are slightly high and alot of people are not interested in buying kits, etc. so I am still working on it. I might join a group myself and then just offer an incentive for anyone that actually sells the line, like an additional $ amount off of their order. If any of you are interested in a product line that I have decided on just let me know and I will post the products that I have now.

Thanks,
Michele Burgess
Mom of Michael, David & Anthony

·
27,948 Posts
Wishing you all the best with your new business adventure.:)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Sounds really cool. Good Luck to you and to your mom.
I would also like to be added to this if you don't mind.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I would love more info on this....sounds interesting.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
It sounds really interesting! If you wouldn't mind could you email or pm me more information, when you have the time. (DH could really get behind me being a consultant with this, he is a coffee-holic!):D I think this is something i would like to do, i would like to be added :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Daphne,

I will be glad to compile a list of the items that we are planning on putting in the brochure. If you don't mind I will email them to you. You should have them in your mail tomorrow. I have quite a few flavored coffee's and flavored tea's (hot & cold), frozen drink mixes (non-alcoholic) and several treats/snacks. The list is not totally complete at this moment and I may add/take away some things. I don't have a price list for everything yet. That is what we are working on next.

Michele Burgess
Mom to Michael, David & Anthony
Partner to Jeff

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts