Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great site! Am very happy to find a place that also includes Dave Ramsey enthusiasts.

A friend of mine turned me on to Dave Ramsey just before Christmas. I had been working on debt reduction for a while but had kind of stalled out, looking for the next step. I had paid off all our credit cards (we have several) but have kept them on hand thinking I needed them for credit scores and 'just in case'.

To heck with credit cards...I closed all but one (it's a local credit union card, I'm not quite ready to give up the heroin). One I closed I have had for over 20 years. The credit card company even asked "are you SURE you want to close this card??!?!?!". Yep, close it down! What a great feeling.

Anyway, I have a non-federal student loan, two car loans, a boat loan, and a consolidated federal student loan. I'll be selling an ATV this next month, paying of one of the cars, then working on the non-federal student loan. That should get me to maybe May. Then, pay down the boat that's (not literally) underwater, sell it, pay off the expensive car (maybe sell it for a beater) then plow through the 90k student loan.

It's great to start a new year with a plan!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, YellowSub, this is the place. I'd never even heard of David Ramsey but from hanging around here for just a short time, I'm already following him step by step.

This place is ab fab and I'm sooooo glad I found it. You're going to love it here.

(and I think I'm about to take off the "I'm a newbie here" from my signature. pretty soon)

·
4,028 Posts
Welcome to the Village! Sounds like you have the good plan in the making !!!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome! You will find so many helpful people and ideas here. Sounds like you are off to a great start already!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Welcome, glad to have another DR fan, and good luck with your plans!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Welcome!!

I hope you find everything you are looking for & more!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining!

Keep fighting the fight. You've taken the first step toward reaching your goal!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for the kind replies.

Not only am I a new recent convert/zealot to the DR plan, I am also excited by lot of other ideas I find here. I've always been a do-it-yourselfer. I have read lots of the old Foxfire books and books like those that describe how to accomplish things without resorting to all the modern methods, mostly because it's fun to do things on your own.

Again, thanks, and I'll be lurking around.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I wish you much success in your endeavors here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You have quite the ambitious plan, and I wish you all the luck. God bless you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.