Frugal Village Forums banner
3601 - 3620 of 3732 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,521 Posts
CH, have your vet email you and/or the HS a letter explaining Little Kitty's vax situation and give HS and your vet permission to discuss that situation between themselves. Also reiterate Little Kitty is an indoor cat. There should be an exception to rules like that when they can see the vaxes aren't up to date for medical reasons, not due to neglect. Good luck.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Thanks, SD. I just got off the phone with the vet and wrote a letter explaining the situation. Our vet said she is willing to discuss it with the Humane Society foster mom, and would recommend me as a pet owner. :) And Black Kitty is stable enough now she can get a vax booster, so she is scheduled for next week.

I found the Cardinal. Started doing black outline stitching on the leaves in the upper right. The pattern is confusing. Red outlines are shown in black. Black outlines are shown in red. :unsure:
Textile Rectangle Creative arts Art Tablecloth

Reactions: ressa and marthamfi

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,604 ·
That’s funny SD.

CH - I hate it when designers do stuff like that. Also when they use so many colors of backstitch the pattern looks like a complete mess.

I’m finished! At least with this round. It’s packed up and I forgot to take a picture of the placemats. Not really a loss. One set was doomed from the start. It’s the one that had three because I miscut one. Then it turned out to be a thin rather loose weave that distorted and went all over the place. The final blow came with the chalk. I couldn’t see the white on it so I used pink. That was still difficult, so blue on the last two. Gave it no thought. It stained. Someday if I’m really bored I’ll take them apart to rescue the backing that I like and the batting. Or maybe just send them to grace the landfill.

I think I’ll have a celebratory Coke and play on 123 Stitch. Just because I want to.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
CH: Hope everything works out so Meeko can come home with you.

Almost finished with skein #9 on the blue afgan. I'll probably finish it tomorrow since I have no plans beyond the obligatory turkey dinner. :LOL: Have no plans for the rest of the weekend, either (have Friday off as well) so I'll probably just crochet and watch some TV shows. I may go out to the tea shop and get some world building done but that will depend on my mood on Saturday. Then again, it'll be good just to relax and get some naps in.

·
Super Moderator
24,521 Posts
Sounds like a perfect long weekend, Ren.

Just talked to our renter and got hit with a big unexpected bill. Never fun, but still can't complain. The timing sucks but it's never a good time, so we'll just pay it and move on. The good news is he wants to keep renting for the foreseeable future. He's a good renter.

All other news today was good, so today was a net plus.

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,607 ·
I got the fabric all organized again. Christmas is more than I hoped, but less than it looked like it would be. I’ve pulled out a few things from the rest to do first and put aside some fat quarters and other fabric earmarked for myself for later. Now I’ll just see what I can get done by Christmas. Lots, I hope. I’ll be starting with some pieces I had cut for other projects, not certain what some of them were. They can be trimmed down for pot holders or bowl cozies and such. There’s a panel with small sea life squares I’ll probably turn into coasters, and a Halloween panel I’ll do. Why do I have a Halloween panel?After that, who knows? I want to make some drawstring bags for a break from batting.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
I've been told Meeko is eating, which is good. She did not eat for 3 days while she was at the pet store. I was afraid her mouth would hurt after the tooth extraction. Can't wait to see her again.

DC, I bet it feels good to be finished and cleaned up, and ready for something new.

The fruit salad is all set for tomorrow. Our turkey breast is in the fridge to thaw for Friday. Hope everyone's day goes well.

·
Super Moderator
24,521 Posts
I've succumbed to the fad and ordered a 6 qt Instant Pot. That's okay, I've considered one off and on (mostly off) for several yrs now, so it's not an impulse buy. Target has their $130 bundle on sale for $60, plus we have $24 in CC money to throw in. Can't beat that deal. I think it will be a good addition. I like the 4 qt PC I have, but it's not big enough when cooking things like bean soup. It's only supposed to be filled ½ full, which doesn't make a very big batch. I like it for cooking smaller amounts of food though, so haven't decide if I will sell it. Might depend on space. I will probably sell one of the rice cookers if I can figure out how to make perfect rice in it, and the yogurt maker. Won't be selling the Crockpots, air fryer oven, or any of the other appliances it claims to replace, unless I see that it works equal to or better than what I have. It would be nice not to have to store as many small appliances.

We're not anticipating much Black Friday spending, beyond tools we need for the new house. That's a short list at this point.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
That's a great deal SD. If you're going to buy stuff you might as well do it on Black Friday. I was asking DH last night if there was anything for the house that we needed to get this weekend, but neither of us could think of anything. I wish I knew where to get decent quality clothing. The various stores around here carry cheap, thin, badly made mostly polyester clothing.

It's cloudy and grey, not good for x-stitch this morning. Not sure what I'll do before we leave for dinner. DH has already said he doesn't want to eat a lot before we go, so I'm not planning lunch. I may bake a cranberry loaf.

There was a prediction for rain, which we still badly need, but it seems to be well south of us. I was reading last night about how most of the midwest and western wetlands, desperately needed by migrating wildlife, have dried up completely with the extended drought.

Reactions: ressa and marthamfi

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Finished skein #9 and started skein #10 on the blue afgan. I think I'll get more work on it done, now that the cold weather has set in. The afgan looks to be about halfway done. I think I probably won't need all the yarn I picked up for it but I'll still get good use out of it. I can use it for my grab-bag afgans. I was wondering about which yarn to use for a WIP I found during my apartment purge earlier this year. That WIP started off in blue and I know I have other blue yarns. But having a lot of leftover blue yarn from this WIP will be helpful. I can also use it for lapgans so we'll see.

Spent a good chunk of money on some new wool sweaters. They were on sale so it could've been more. Then again, I'll get good use out of my sweaters and I need to replace some that I'm pretty sure got purged earlier this year. I'm regretting that now since I should've just frogged them for the yarn since they were wool. Sigh. Still, I don't buy new sweaters that often and they last for years if cared for properly. I've been buying moth repellant herbs the past couple of years to keep the moths away since I have a good amount of woolen stuff.

·
Super Moderator
24,521 Posts
I was sort of waiting for Black Friday to see if I could score a good IP deal. Mission accomplished.

We're home again, all in one piece. The roads were icy on the way into town, but cleared off by the time we came home. Lots of deer activity, too. One car was in the ditch but there was help already there and it wasn't a serious accident, so we didn't have to stop. It was out by when we came home, too.

All in all, a good Thanksgiving here.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving all! sounds like a good plan DC! hope you feel better today!
Hopefully they understand about the vaxs CH! here they don't really care even the vets aren't saying get them annually..just the reg ones in the beginnings and if you don't know if the cats had them or maybe every few years. rabies is not a req for cats here. oof black friday sales well...makeup I have been eyeballing for ages I got from uk. one place so cheap compared to normal and I will some new stuff tonight from a release. friends are makeup enablers lol mostly eyeshadow palettes. don't know if dh is getting any of the sales though the emails are coming in fast and furious. he has a lot though. That sucks for the bill but nice you have a good renter , I haven't looked at any yarn etc sales though... at least fabric and michaels you have to go in person lol

nothing like a good wool sweater ren! here you can get lots of irish ones from value village cus people buy for gifts etc when travelling and then boom ends there ..of course always the ones that don't get washed properly too. she gets them for my sister.

had been a stressful week w year end project (not finished yet but in someone elses hands now) and though I said I was not going to start a new wip I did ..needed too esp when watching videos. started a rectangle granny lap blanket from the anniversary cake I had. looked in my ravelry and saw the last one I did when looking for simple thing to do. people sent me etransfers but my email wouldn't let me do it so had to go to webmail..just one computer thing after another this week. need to get off my rear and do the last store of the week and close to drop library books (other library yesterday) and pick up thank you choc and some to send to my cousin. went though our booze collection ..we are not big drinkers and work gives dh wine all the time he doesn't drink. so found 2 bottles one to go w choc and another still in xmas wrap lol that works for friend open house next week. they are kept on side and in dark place so still good.

have the last sale at 5 and the last free art class too w dd a 5pm. we may go to michaels tomorrow cus art sales for her. does anyone need anything nope but when does that stop any of us!

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,615 ·
I’m stuffed with food and back home. Big rain here today. As improbable as it sounds, I’m eager to start in on the next round of fabric. The house is screaming for attention, but I’ll work through it over the coming days. There’s no need to do it all at once.

I didn’t buy A cross stitch kit, but three of them, a pattern, and asked for notification when another pattern is back in stock.

The oranges is a Riolis pattern that I stop and look at every time I scroll past it somewhere, so I finally bought it.

The owl is a Vervaco kit. They are so expensive I generally don’t even look at them, but it came up with the gnome search. I’ll find some mottled fabric here and skip all that background stitching.

The birds is another, Dimensions if I remember, that I’ve looked at often. 123 Stitch had it for a better sale price than Amazon so I went on and bought it.

The patterns are another bit of splurge, expensive for small patterns, by Les Petites Croix de Lucie. The autumn gnome is coming, the Christmas one is the out of stock one.

It’s all shipping more slowly than it used to from them. I don’t know if the new normal or they’re just really busy now.

Rectangle Painting Art Art paint Pattern
Product Rectangle Textile Orange Creative arts
Rectangle Leaf Christmas ornament Textile Plant
Bird Plant Beak Branch Twig
Bird Picture frame Owl Art Painting

·
Super Moderator
24,521 Posts
Love all the new purchases, D, especially the autumn gnome don'tlookat123Stitchdon'tlookat123Stitchdon'tlookat123Stitch and the owl. I like the colors in the oranges and the black background. You're going to have such fun!

The lake started singing today. I'm going to miss that so much it already hurts. 😢

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,617 ·
It’s the color that snared me on the oranges. If it were just the subject, I wouldn’t have looked at it twice, but the color is so striking I just couldn’t resist. I knew I would eventually own it. I don’t say do it, because I already have way more than I could ever stitch. I look through them and most of them are the one I want to do first. Lol.

I spent the rest of my afternoon in a Thanksgiving food coma but I’m coming alive again.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
MoQuiltCo is having a big sale tonight on random stuff, 50-70% off. The yardage is $4-6, a very good price. Not a lot of exciting patterns, but if you need quilt backing there are good deals to be had.

DC, the patterns are all really nice. I especially like the owl.

Well, if I'm going to make this cake I better get the cranberries thawed. Dinner was good but we didn't eat so much that we're going to fall asleep.

3601 - 3620 of 3732 Posts