Frugal Village Forums banner
3721 - 3732 of 3732 Posts

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Ren, if you've been doing pilates you've probably gained a lot of dense muscle mass, which will offset any fat loss. Just do the best you can. I'm afraid we're eating a lot of comfort carbs here at the moment, it's winter and I want potatoes, not salad.

It's too dark to sew, but I'm going to try a little crafting. IIRC there's a card of holiday earrings in my stash, something like 12 pairs. I'm going to make new cards for each pair so I can give them as gifts. I have plenty of scrapbook paper I can use.

I'm also going to start a pot of beef barley soup today. :)

SD, hope you figure out a solution so you can secure your tools on site.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
CH: Seeing as I only started Pilates six months ago, I don't know how much dense muscle mass I've gained (versus fat, which I'm sure I did :LOL: ) That and I do need to lose quite a bit of weight. It just hasn't really started to show on the scale yet, due to any muscle mass I've gained so far, like you said. But I do like the Pilates, especially since I have a schedule and something out of the house that I can look forward to. Having to take physical therapy made me realize I don't mind going to the gym when I have a trainer or something who can correct what I'm doing at the very least. Also helps that about half the Pilates class I take are regulars who also take the same class almost every week.

Hope you enjoy the beef barley soup and can get your crafting done.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
The crafting started well. I found the earring sets and my craft paper, and after a little hunting a glue stick that isn't dead. Meeko came out of the closet to help. She wants to be held. Her previous person must have carried her a lot. Good thing her nails are trimmed. Going to have to keep them that way, because she tries to climb. We had a lesson about where cats are allowed in the sewing room, I don't think it stuck.

One of the earrings was missing a bell, but I fixed that with some I had in my stash. Took the old one off, put on a new matching pair.

There will be 3 husbands at the party, not sure what to do for them. Last year I found chocolate covered pretzels and ginger cookies at Target. Haven't seen anything like that (individual servings) yet anywhere this year. Trying to find good beef jerky sticks, but have to go to the organic store to get the ones DH can eat.

·
Super Moderator
24,521 Posts
We're ordering the whole lock shebang from Amazon. We found some good prices with coupons, $120 + tax for the 2 keyless deadbolts and a 2-pack of keyed locks with lever handles and identical keys, so no spare keys to pay for later. We've become big fans of the lever handles. The deadbolts won't be installed till spring but had a nice price so decided to go for it. Hate buying ahead, but it seemed to make sense this time. We were just going to get the deadbolts but the forecast Wednesday for 14⁰ and snowing, not a good day to be drilling holes and chiseling wood with doors open. Rekeying existing locks would have cost something, and we can sell the old locks on a sale, so buying new probably won't end up costing much overall, it's just cash flow.

Septic guy came, so there went $400, but that's just routine maintenance. Still, sigh.

Got the pork ball soup made with the chicken. Don't like the chicken, but I'll try it next time with a 1:1 mix of chicken and pork. It needs some fat.

Also cooked up a freezer burned bag of chicken for general use. It tastes fine but needs to be used.

Now back to my regularly scheduled stitching, after 2 hrs of putting together the Amazon order. Had to be done though, and it'sa relief to have it settled. Waiting for the locks should only delay being able to leave tools there by a couple days.

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,725 ·
I am not a happy Kroger customer. After the doctor appointment I picked up a burger, and drove on to Kroger for my prescription. There were cars at the drive through but I planned to park and eat first. A few minutes after 4:00 I went to the drive through. It was closed. Why? Why would the pharmacy at a major grocery store close the drive through at 4 on Friday?? I’m going to have to make another trip to town to get it. Grrrrrr.

I don’t know what I’ll do tonight. Nothing very energetic. Maybe just work on the cross stitch.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I finished binding the topper quilt, it's ready to use. Raining today so the current one can stay on the bed a few more days then be washed. This is where dog1 lounges on all the time hence the need for the toppers. Need to work on finishing a few hats for donation now.

SD I was taught that the exit doors on commercial buildings must open outward so people can push out in a panic. Inward opening doors cause a body pileup. If you look when you are out shopping you will probably notice this. N/A for residences I guess. I always yell at hubby for putting the garden cart right outside our basement door where it would be an obstruction in an emergency.

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,727 ·
I finished binding the topper quilt, it's ready to use. Raining today so the current one can stay on the bed a few more days then be washed. This is where dog1 lounges on all the time hence the need for the toppers. Need to work on finishing a few hats for donation now.

SD I was taught that the exit doors on commercial buildings must open outward so people can push out in a panic. Inward opening doors cause a body pileup. If you look when you are out shopping you will probably notice this. N/A for residences I guess. I always yell at hubby for putting the garden cart right outside our basement door where it would be an obstruction in an emergency.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Just kind of skimming things for now. It is currently moving day.

The movers are here moving stuff. My son came over to help my husband move the cats.

I finished my ball of yarn. Buy the shawl is a bit small, so I will add more to it. But right now it is packed. So currently I will be doing dishcloths or maybe reading my kindle. I am feeling pretty unfocused now, so maybe dishcloths.

The colors are more true here than the last picture. It is pretty dark. Next to it is what is left of the ball. Not enough for another row.

Just a standard triangle this time.

Rectangle Wood Textile Sleeve Purple

·
Super Moderator
24,521 Posts
I hope all goes well for you today, Kathy. It sounds like your new place will be more convenient for you in many ways.

DLR, that makes sense. I might have thought of that myself if I hadn't stopped thinking about the house as a public building about 6 weeks ago. 😁

4 days, 1 hr, 38 min, 22 sec.

·
Super Moderator
24,521 Posts
Forgot to say the outswing doors are a big problem with our dogs, especially if the doors don't quite get latched for any reason. I've been looking at options this morning, some more workable than others. One is doing what D suggested a while back, screening in the deck. Adding deck rails seems the quickest and relatively cheapest for now, but the other big issue is not being able to open the doors to get the southern breezes in summer. Outer storm doors are an option but expensive. It might be nicer to dump that money into screening the deck instead. We have to create a double gated situation as a failsafe. We do have a temporary solution so I guess I'm not going to worry much about it right now.

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,731 ·
Kathy - good luck with the move. I love that dark shawl color. Very pretty.

I’m not feeling well today, sort of queasy, which is really unusual for me, so I don’t feel like doing much of anything. On the fabric front I think what I want to do most is finish the tote bags and maybe the coasters so that can all move off the table. The working space is feeling too cramped. But it’s all hypothetical at the moment. Right now I just want to sit still. Lol

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
The movers have left. My husband and son got to the new place with the cats okay.

So now I just need to throw out a few loads of trash, check the mail one last time and head out.

Starting to feel slightly less tense.

3721 - 3732 of 3732 Posts