Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This really annoys me about the state collecting child support and disbursing it.

I'm suppose to get $288 a month in child support, first payment is 168 and the second payment is 120 every month.

The ex made a 168 that was suppose to go to me April 28th. There was a April balance of $44, May 1st the new balance is $332.

Since the 168 payment was more than the $44 balance in April, they have kept the payment instead of disbursing it to me.

The state collects the child support every 2 weeks but only sends it to me whenever, not when they receive it.

I'm annoyed that the state sometimes holds child support money for up to 2 weeks before sending it on to me.

I'm griping cause a local store has mega pack Huggie pull ups on clearance for $8 and I want to grab them all since they are cheap and will save me money. I have enough money for 2 packs. blah

·
Registered
192 Posts
That does stink! To make matters worse I saw a news report yesterday that said now they are allowing modifications in child support because of the economy! Meaning that if the party that has to pay out goes to the court and cries poor they will modifiy the amount they have to pay due to what is going on!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My baby's dad did that so he only has to pay 288 a month. Sad thing is the state garnishes the child support from his work or else I wouldn't even see that.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm grateful to get anything. My oldest child is 9 and so far i've went without child support 4 1/2 years total. So many times i've been down on my luck where an extra $10 would have meant a lot.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:ugh: how frustrating.

:hugz:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Yes you are lucky you are getting anything! I am a single mom of two boys, the father pays nothing...I do it totally on my own. The county where they receive and disburse the child support always follows it's own rules, it's like that with all their programs. They don't realize that people plan their lives around every penny that they receive and for it to be withheld or delayed even a couple days is a very big deal! I wish you luck!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I actually give the child support back. I can make it on my own and if I accepted the amount the court dictated my ex wouldn't be able to keep his home, meaning my son wouldn't have a nice home.

I don't hate my ex and if he suffers, my son suffers.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm visiting my parents. Our friend next door (whom I used to babysit when she was a toddler!) has three kids; her cheating ex (expletive deleted) hasn't paid a dime in over a year. He can't or won't hold a steady job but has enough to woo his various girlfriends and keep a dog. My friend has been fighting the system for years and has to work her tush off running day care out of her home, which she share with her MS-stricken mother. It may not be their home much longer if he doesn't start paying what he owes. (I pray they don't lose it as they are the nicest people you could ever hope to live next to).

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
The state does what they want, when they want. I agree that right now in this economy your lucky to get anything so take what you get. Eventually things will get back on track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts