Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow but steady wins the race? So I'm having a steady saturday. My race is to get the house cleaned up and all my weekend chores done today so I can spend tommorrow with my sisters working on grandmas place.

We've got great weather here in the mid 60s and clear so DH is out back with his best buddy building a new gazebo, old one died. And I'm busy doing my thing inside.

Hope everyone has a beauitful weekend.

Laurie in BRadenton

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'll be doing a complete house cleaning today. It is starting to look like a tornado went through here.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hi Laurie....

It's ok out today, I think it's in the 50's but not bad for winter, lol It's not windy so it's perfect.

I will be doing some de-cluttering today and get some bags of toys and clothes off to the thrift store drop boxes in the area, then just straightening up the house a bit.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Today is cleanup day here. We have some laundry to do, and a couple of boxes that are ready to go into storage. It also looks like the clutter monster has paid us a visit, so I will be spending some time straightening up.

Have a great day everyone!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Today I have:

straightened up my house a bit.
fed, changed, played with ds.
went to work.
have been verbally abused at work.

To do:
dishes
laundry
homework

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I have been doing some online shopping for Christmas. I am getting to wear I don't like to shop in the crowds. It is so easy to sit here and do it. I am using my CC, but I have the cash money saved up, so I will pay it when the bill comes in. I PROMISE!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Good afternoon. It's not bad here, 48 & sunny. At least it's not gloomy and raining!!! LOL

My day looks like this:
Morning routine:
x Sort & wash a load of laundry
x Prepare breakfast & lunches
x Make coffee/tea
x Check email
x Lunch/dinner prep
x Wash dishes
x Clean table & counters
Shake rugs, sweep floors
Reboot laundry
Exercise
x Make bed
x Tidy bedroom
x Tidy livingroom
x Feed kitties & change water
x Take allergy med & vitamins
x Shower
x Wipe sinks & toilets
x Spray shower
x Makeup, hair, jewelry
x Make to do list
Reboot laundry
x Clear a hotspot
Take trash out
x Balance checkbook
Do daily chores

To do's:
x Count the change jar
Spend 15 mins filling out paperwork for Ryan's insurance
Write a statement to the old insurance co.
Work on recipes
Spend 20 mins cleaning & decluttering the laundryroom
Clean out my purse
x Bring dd to work
x Pick up milk, bread & coffee on sale
x Pay bills

Lunch routine:
Fix & eat lunch
Laundry
Dinner prep
x Plan tomorrow's meals
Clean up kitchen
Get coffeemaker ready for morning
Fold & put laundry away
Sort mail
Set table for dinner
Clear a hotspot

Evening routine:
Light candles
Make dinner & eat
Load dishwasher
Wash dishes
Shine sink
Put clean dishes away
Clean counters, table & appliances
Change towel & dishcloth
Set out meds
Put out coffee cup
Check calendar/to do's/menu

Before bed routine:
Put any dishes/glasses in dishwasher
Shine sink
Clean off dining table
Make sure kitchen is clean
Put shoes away
Lay out clothes for tomorrow
Brush teeth
Wash face & moisturize
Reset routines

I hope everyone has a great afternoon!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Nice cool day here and hubby is working so spending the day inside piddling around on the computer for a bit and then I will cook an early dinner. I washed and dried all of the bed linens this morning, and I still have to make the beds and then mop up the boot tracks that my dear 17 yr. old nephew made across my clean hardwood floors in the kitchen earlier today. Arrrrg! I just found them or I would have made him clean them up. Wait till I see him again, LOL. He and my BIL are setting up a hog trap at the front of our property to catch a wild hog that thinks he owns the place. Crazy thing comes charging out of the woods when you come or go in the mornings. Scared me silly when I took DD to school yesterday morning. This morning at 4:30 he charged at hubby as he left for work. Stupid hog actually hit the front left tire, but it didn't do any damage to hubby's truck or the hog. Hubby got a good look at him this morning cause collision kind of stunned him I guess and hubby says he has tusks, so better we trap him and get him out of here before he hurts someone or does damage to one of the vehicles.

LOL, I told hubby I wouldn't take DD to school until hog is outta here. I would hate to have to write an excuse note to her school saying she missed a day because we were held hostage by a crazed porker!

There's never a dull moment when you live in the country!

T

·
0 Posts
DH had to go in to work today and I'm hoping he'll be back soon. I'm planning on going with him to Best Buy and get myself a digital camera, plus going out to eat (I really want Chinese). Plus, since DH has had class or worked late all night this week, he hasn't had any father-son bonding time. That's on the agenda for today.

While I'm hanging around the house, I'm giving myself a manicure, playing with DS, and I tried to get a hair appointment for today - they had no room, so I'll be going on Tuesday. I also caught up with all of the emailed surveys I didn't get to this week.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Was up at 6 today because my BF had to go to work. Got right up and took a shower and was ready by 7
Already:
Baked a cake for BF (and ate a piece!)
Made coffee
Vaccumed
Wash two loads of laundy
Put four loads of laundry away
Had new sofa delivered this AM from furniture store

Still need to:
Unload dishwasher
Plant my plants and bulbs that have been sitting in the house
Dust
Wash dogs

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I spent most of the day cleaning since 8:00 am. I am having company for Thanksgiving and since I am working Mon and Tues I thought I would start now! I cleaned for 6 hours straight so it is time for a break!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Today I picked up Angel Food and saw my dad. Went grocery shopping and personal shopping as well. Doing a bit of laundry and them cleaning up the office. Spend the rest of the day sewing and scrapping.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have a final exam on Monday that I have been studying for. I also need to get some housework done around here.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I had my girls and grandkids over today for our annual "cookie baking day". It was a great day and lots of goodies!! I have everything put back in order and even managed to get one load of laundry done today...hopefully i can finish the rest tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Today I loaded the dishwasher, started a load of laundry & put dinner in the crockpot. Then I worked a 12hr shift. I just got home :thud:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts