Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Shark steam iron (only 4 years old and not much used) won't heat anymore. :grrr: I used to have another older steam iron that worked, but unfortunately I gave it away. So I need recommendations for a good steam iron... I like one that produces hot steam for pressing seams when sewing.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
No help here...........I have a Rowenta and love it BUT......

I don't put any water in it........don't want to mess with distilled, and my water is so hard it could probably plug it up within two years. I use a spray bottle for water........water not allowed in iron.....but it is a steam iron.

I will say the ONE FEATURE that I like is that it turns off automatically.........after ten minutes, I think it is. This has saved me MORE THAN ONCE!

The iron was a gift, after I had left my other iron on,.........for about two weeks, I figured it was!! :thud:

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
All I can add is that if you get one with an auto-off feature make sure it really shuts itself off. Mine goes "off" but if the cats knock the ironing board over it turns itself back on. :ack:

Fortunately, so far, they haven't set the carpet on fire.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mine is a Sunbeam - got it at Wal Mart - I don't remember exactly how much I paid, but I know it was less than $30.
Makes great steam, turns itself off and has a retractable cord.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts