Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I made some stepping stones with the kids a couple of years ago but nothing that nice, I've been wanting to do some, I saw these stones for sale last year for about $15.00...... I would like to do some..... Those are awesome !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I've never made them before but those are really nice!!! :D

·
27,948 Posts
Those are beautiful, thanks for the links.:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Beautiful!

I like to use the plastic deli tray lids, cake lids from the grocery, etc... they work great. all you do is lay the stones, marbles, shell, glass tiles whatever you like, pour concrete in,add chicken wire, let set and there you go .

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Melody, the hanger will be on the bottom, on this stone the top Is the top and you decorate it with whatever you like (marbles, shells, stones, ect) The hanger is to re-enforce the concrete .....

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Oh. Duh! I was thinking the wrong thing! I thought the wire hanger would be the mold. Don't mind me, my brain went out for a walk!:toothy:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I bought a plastic form and concrete mix frome Home depot. I made 6 or so and stopped when i ran out of the concrete mix. i like them a lot, but i dind't decorate them. wish i had! these look so neat!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sara, I love those. I had not seen the ones like that. I wonder what kind of leaf that they used. I don't think I have seen any that big in this area. I love the way they look on the ground. I will take some pictures of the ones that I make and post them. I am going to try to do some next week.

·
27,948 Posts
Kathy, they used rhubarb leaves. Oooh I have rhubarb leaves!! They are just starting to go by. I hope they'll wait till I can do this. Thanks! If not this year definately next, just the perfect outdoor nature accent.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Those look so cute. I have not had a chance to make any yet, the rain came and it has either been too wet or the humidity has been to high to try to make them but hopefully it will stay dry and I can make some soon.

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Ooh! That looks like a fun project to do with ds this fall!!! (dd will "help" of course ;) )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts