Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a thing of Pillsbury biscuts...thought I had longer to use them, but just checked the date...says "use before Jan 24". :bang:

Do you think it's still safe to use them?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have used them expired before. It seems to me that if they still look the same on the inside, they are still good. I baked up a batch once that looked funny once I opened the can, and we ended up throwing them away because they were funny.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've got a thing of Pillsbury biscuts...thought I had longer to use them, but just checked the date...says "use before Jan 24". :bang:

Do you think it's still safe to use them?
Yep. More than likely they're fine.
I've used them a couple of weeks out of date...all was well.

Reactions: Luv2BeFrugal

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ends were starting to bulge...I didn't even notice that. ARGH! I hate wasting food!!! :( Thanks for the tips! Now I know what to be aware of...

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
You should use it soon. A day or a week beyond the date given is usually not an issue with most prepared foods. You may find the dough is slightly discolored and the biscuits may not rise as high, but it should still be good.

If the dough looks spoiled, really grey or black or spotty, do not use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.