Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was checking out my stock cupboard and thinking I have lots of my favourites, made me wonder what is your fav and what do you do with it?

I have to have whole kernal corn in a tin, in brine, to make corn fritters, easy quick and cheap lunch or side dish to dinner.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I always have canned whole tomatoes, rice, beans (both canned and dry).
Probably 2/3 of the meals I make contains at least one of those ingredients.
One of my favorite quick to throw together meals is chili.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I have to have cans of pink beans and guandules and bags of white rice... these are must have's in our home.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Canned tomatoes, minestrone soup, rotel, beans and Bush's chili beans. I have several things I can make with those ingredients.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Pasta, canned tomatoes, rice, and beans. I can always make something having these on hand.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I make a ton of meals from:
canned tomatoes
black olives
canned beans
rice or noodles

I can make Mexican rice, chili, chili rice casserole, tacos/burritoes, rice and beans, and taco soup (not the "real" taco soup, my own version).

I also make a ton of meals from:
flour
baking powder
sugar
milk (powdered or regular)
salt
oil/butter/shortening

I can make pancakes, waffles, and muffins. I can also make tortillas and biscuits.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I try to always have canned tomatoes (diced and sauce), mushrooms, beans, rice, and pasta on hand. Most recipes I fix contain at least one of those items.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pasta, tomato sauce, canned beans and cream of soups.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Pasta sauce, pasta, rice, canned veggies, soups. I can whip something up with these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts