Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 3 large cans of spaghetti sauce for .47¢ this week which brought my stockpile back up to the 20 cans which is the maximum I keep on hand. Bought 2 packages of Stovetop Stuffing for .77¢ which brings it up to the maximum of 8 packages I keep in the pantry. I bought 6 packages of bagels and 6 packages of English Muffins for $1.00 each but don't consider that stockpiling cause they are eaten every day here. My own personal definition of stockpiling is something that I buy and put in the pantry and can eat six months from now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I found a great sale on spaghetti and noodles. I bought 6 pkgs. of each at 3/$1. Now I have more than enough for a few months. I am replenishing my pantry after a summer of DH working part time and having to cook mostly from the pantry.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I froze six more packages of corn to-day which brings my total to 30 which I figure is the same as 30 cans in my pantry. All my corn is free and frozen the day it is picked.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I bought a 24 case of soda for 3.98, a twelve pack of diet ice tea of 1.98, and two 500g bottles of honey for 2.99 (usually 4.49 and up) Yay!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yesterday I bought a 25 pound bag of jasmine rice for about $9.95, 6 pounds of pasta, 2 8-packs of tiny size apple juice (DH is a diabetic, I keep those around for low blood sugar times), some ground beef and chicken thighs for the freezer (just need to separate), and a 12-pack of canned mushrooms.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I got 8 boxes of yogurt tubes. My kids love them in their lunches and they were on sale the cheapest I have ever seen them: $2 for a package of 10.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I found a great deal on haircolor at Walmart yesterday. They are selling Revlon ColorSilk in a 2 pk for $3.83!! That's only $1.91 each! I bought 3 2 - packs. It's not my usual brand, but they had my color and I couldn't pass up the bargain. Does anyone know if haircolor has an expiration date? I haven't checked the boxes. If not, I plan on going back and stocking up on a lot more. Right now I've got 6 months worth :)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
This week, I've added:

4 cans of chili at $.99/each
2 cans of Manwich at $.99/each
6 cans of tomato sauce for $1
2 cans pineapple at $.99/each
1 box of dirty rice at $.50
2 bottles of Tropicana Twisters at $1.50/each
2 pouches of fruit in sauce at $1/each
1 7 oz container of Nescafe instant coffee at $2.99
2 boxes of mac & cheese free
2 jars olives at $.89/each

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok this week I did great at the store.

Cake mix 6 buy 1 get 1 and had q's
Frosting 6 buy 1 get 1 and had q's
Carmel dip x2 had q's
apples x2 bags
Mac and cheese buy 3 get 3
Salad dressing buy 1 get 1 had q's
Fruit snacks x2 had q's
pork chops
ham slices
cottage cheese
sour cream
milk
hawaiian punch x6
brownies x3
cookie mix x2
warm delights x5
pizza's x4
french fries
dog treats x2 (plus 2 free items with them)
Downy x2
Air freshners (I think I got something like 7 different ones and some refills also)
2 mens vive pro shampoos
Scrubbing bubbles x2
Toliet bowl cleaner
Lysol wipes
Advil pm x3
fruit in a jar x3
bread (x3 loaves I did give one to my sister in law and 1 to my granny)
Pledge cleaner
Floor cleanrer lysol

I think that is it there might be another things or 2 but I can't remember.

This week at the grocery store I am planning to get
6 12 pks of pepsi (target has this on sale plus a $5 gift card with purchase)
Ice cream (x3)
Delmonte veggies
Delmonte fruit
Cool wip (x2)

That is all I plan to get I think.

I plan not to shop next month except for items that are need items like milk, oj, cat liter.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Do 66 pounds of apples count as stock piling? We went apple picking today. I am in the process of making homemade applesauce and canning it, I hope to have 14 quarts when all is said and done. 1 quart will feed us 1 meal, so I might try for a third batch if I have enough apple and enough energy.

I also have already put away chopped apples for 4 batches of apple cinnamon muffins and diced apples for 3 homemade cobblers. I will be doing more of both.

At the store today I got a 5 pack of mac n cheese for the stockpile.

Jennifer

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Butter was on sale for $2.77 a pound -- got 4
Frozen waffles 99 cents -- got 2
5 pound bag of pears $1.49

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
i had 15 coupons for quaker crunchy granola bars ($1.00 off 1 box) & they were on sale for 2 for $4...........so i got 15 boxes of granola bars for free. that really brought my stockpile up for the snacks.

·
Registered
639 Posts
19 boxes of assorted boca frozen veggie products.
they are reg 3.69 at the grocery where we usually shop, but at another store 30 min away they are 2.99...so we got 19 boxes with dbl .75 coupons (that I got last week from thecouponclippers site. I used other coupons too so I've gotten my $$ back already.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Exchanged a few quarts of Nanking cherries and some green tomatoes for:

~ rhubarb pineapple jam
~ raspberry jam
~ strawberry jam
~ blueberry jam
~ meatless spaghetti sauce
~ salsa

Dh and I are salivating at the thought of nachos, sour cream, cheddar and salsa. Will have to have it for an afternoon snack some day soon.

Jean - licking her lips...

·
Registered
429 Posts
I canned 12 pints of pear preserves today. I'm sitting here listening to the *PING* of the lids sealing - what a great sound!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know this is off the original topic, but do you have to have a jar sealer pot to do canning? Is there a way to do it with regular pots and pans I already have in my kitchen? Thanks :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts