Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blech - I don't know which it is but I sure feel like crap!

I started getting this awful cold sweat feeling at work yesterday and my stomach was cramping painfully. I came home and spent a good deal of time in the bathroom and the rest of the evening curled up in a ball.

I got up this morning and thought I was better until I tried a sip of coffee - back to the bathroom.

This really wasn't how I had intended to get a day off!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
There are so many bugs going around. My IL's have some kind of bug and they are 80 years old. It's really kicking their booties.

I hope you are well soon, Daisygirl.

Reactions: Daisygirl

·
8,714 Posts
~I had it last week. The worst stomach flu I've ever had. I lost 5 lbs in 3 days.
Just rest rest rest. Don't get out of bed unless you have to.
Mine started to clear up after 3 full days of symptoms.
Robatussin, Mylanta and Immodium helped.
Hope you feel better soon!~

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
It could help to identify the symptoms. Is it in your stomach or intestines? Do you have a headache, nausea, vomiting or a rash?

Do certain foods trigger your symptoms? If so, avoid them. Try mild easy to digest foods like applesauce, rice, baked potatoes, bread, and clear liquids.

My doctor has advised me that products like Pepto, Mylanta and Immodium will relieve the symptoms for a while but don't do anything to help cure the problem, and may actually prolong your distress by preventing your system from being able to naturally purge itself. YMMV of course.

If this continues more than 3 days you should see a doctor.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hope you feel better soon. I agree if it continues please call your Dr. and get an appt.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Make sure you try and get some fluid in you. Dehydration is a real concern with diarehha. I hope you feel better soon. BTW - food poisoning or cross contamination can last for 48 hours.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drumroll...........

I'm going to live!

I'm no longer wearing a path to the bathroom every five minutes, more like every hour. I'm still running a fever, though, so I am staying home from work.

If the fever goes away, my boss wants me to go hide out in an office and catch up on paperwork - month end is on MONDAY! Not a convenient time to get sick, but it never is.

Thank you for all the good wishes. I'm pretty sure it was a virus at this point.

·
Registered
816 Posts
So glad to hear you are feeling better, if not well. At least its almost over at this point. :) Is there any way you could stay home the day and rest? You will probably be a better worker for it tomorrow, anyway!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Glad UR on the mend and feeling better! Get some acidolophus its good for tummy to fight the bad stuff and strenthen your bowels again! Water is important for flushing out the bad stuff too!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Glad to hear you are a little better , keep hydrated.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
It could help to identify the symptoms. Is it in your stomach or intestines? Do you have a headache, nausea, vomiting or a rash?

Do certain foods trigger your symptoms? If so, avoid them. Try mild easy to digest foods like applesauce, rice, baked potatoes, bread, and clear liquids.

My doctor has advised me that products like Pepto, Mylanta and Immodium will relieve the symptoms for a while but don't do anything to help cure the problem, and may actually prolong your distress by preventing your system from being able to naturally purge itself. YMMV of course.

If this continues more than 3 days you should see a doctor.
I believe this too. The body needs to get 'stuff' out of there. In other words, let the poisons leave the building, lol!

I try to avoid anything except aspirin for the aches and fever. Decongestants keep the---ahem---mucus (snot) from getting out of your body. Anti-diarrheals keep the poisons in. I will give in to pepto once in awhile if it's really bad. It's not as 'binding'. But generally, just let the thing take it's course. Run steam in the house of congested or coughing. Eat as the above poster says....and drink clear fuids if they stay down. JMO.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Glad you're feeling better!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm in agreement that the nasties have to get out - and boy have they gotten out.

I'm sticking with very bland stuff, but everytime I eat, it triggers another half hour in the bathroom. Sorry, TMI. I was going to go into work this afternoon but since I'm still not well, I'm not going to go in and spread it all over the workplace. I promised to go in tomorrow when I can shut the door to my office, wear jeans and just put my head down and get that paperwork done.

I've got a bit more energy today but still it's time for a nap. ZZZZZZZZ............

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
just make sure you get enough fluids..i had something simular last year, was out sick one day and got fired..but it was the best thing to happen tome..

the stress at work was unreal..and knowing they lost money(no one to run the bone density machine 2 sat. a month) and have trouble getting tech up to the office in the evenings. im still looking for work but u cant put a price on your health

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.