Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
argh. Was supposed to have a party tonight at my place, noone showed. the hostess wanted it here because in her words her apt is the size of a shoebox. called, left messages, etc. as if feeling ill today wasn't enough this takes the cake. :box:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what gets me is i don't think she even meant to really have it. why? because none of her guests even showed. it seems if other ppl were invited they might have showed up...right?

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Missy I am soooo sorry! On top of being sick I really dont think you need this added stress. Sending :hugz; your way! :)

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
That is awful. Is there a possibility that she got her dates mixed up? You need to get in touch with her and make sure. They may all show up another night. LOL!
I am sure you wanted to have the party, but as sick as you have been, it was probably for the best. You need to rest, girl. If I had been sick like you have I wouldn't have the energy to crawl to the toilet.

·
Registered
525 Posts
sorry 'bout the no shows. that happens to me too. thats why i dont have toomany partys. it is such a waist of our time and money too.especially if it was to help make a buck.if u commit to a party u really need to show up. how rude!!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am sorry Missy, you didn't need this on top of being sick too. I hope you feel better and get a chance to rest now.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Awww Missy! I am so sorry that no one showed up. I agree, if she would have really intended on having a party at least someone would have showed up.

I hope you feel better soon. :wave:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh Missy :hugz: That just plain sucks! I hope you're feeling better today.

·
27,948 Posts
Was the hostess there?
Sorry Miss, some people are so rude.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
How agravating and on top of being sick too! I hope you feel better very soon Missy. Hugs!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Was it a social party or a money-making party (like Tupperware, Party Lite, etc)?

If the first, then people must not like your friend.

I hate money-making parties. When invited, I say I won't be coming. (I don't say that I hate those parties, I just say I'm busy. No need to be insulting.)

But lots of people don't have the guts or courtesy to say no to money-making parties. They just don't show up.

Sorry you have been sick. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
What a rotten thing for someone to do. If I didnt want to have the party I cant imagine I would have just not showen up. THats horrible and I wish there was some way that you could charge some kind of NO Show fee.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts