Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I found out that my oldest son told one of his younger brothers that hair is dead brain cells coming out of your head. The longer your hair grows, the stupider you get. Younger brother believed this for years until his older sister told him it wasn't true.

My MIL was the youngest of her family and had a story about how her brothers convinced her there was a little man with a bell who lived at the top of the telephone pole near their house. When they got a phone call it was his job to ring.

Did your older sibling tell you any wild stories that you believed? I don't recall mine doing that.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
When I was little I was poking and pulling the hair. My dad convinced me that was a daddy long legs and the body was in the hole. He's got called out when i wanted to see the spider but he said it was a mean one. Well no spider was gonna hurt my DADDY! That when I got the pencil! My dad yelled HEY.WHAT THe HEllare ya doing! Mom laughed and laughed. She said i told you not to tell her crap like that.

Dbro and I were too far apart. I dont remember telling him anything mean, Except I called him DAH. Making it sound like DUH. Because his initials were Dxxxxxx A. Hxxxx. I told him it was secret code because they thought he was dumb. And that they didnt buy his baby pictures from the hosp. because he was ugly. (which was true but no one should have said that in front of me.)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
My two older brothers told me there were ghosts in the cubbyholes that were on the sides of our house on the second floor. The doors on the cubbies were only about three feet tall and the cubbyholes were just storage that ran under the rafters. One of the doors was in my bedroom and I was terrified for years.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have 3 older sisters and they were all pretty good at telling stories!! :) They would tell me that if I got out of bed at night our dog would chase and bite me. We also had a ghost in the house, according to my oldest sister. He liked her but he hated the rest of us and if we so much as looked at her funny he would pull our hair or pinch us. She also told me our Dad was a spy and that he was trained to see and hear everything. I honestly believed he had eyes in the back of his head because he busted us for everything, no matter how careful we were!

My kids are nearly 7 years apart and our oldest kept telling her little brother that we really named him Dorothy because he was really a girl! No clue where she got that from! :D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
What a fun thread! I'm an only child so no such stories, but I love reading these; gives me a good laugh!

·
Registered
694 Posts
My brother told me there was a hermit who lived in the woods behind our house. I wouldn't go in there to play alone incase I ran into this little old man. He told my sister she was adopted.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't remember those kinds of stories passed down from my older siblings, but for several years the brother just above me and I would hang out. We would take a Sears catalog or whatever we could find, and then using what was in there tell stories. Go to the hunting and camping section and tell a story about going out to the hills and fighting bad guys or something. All we would have is what we could carry in that backpack on page 156 and that tent on page 158. We'd use the weapons found on page whatever and dress in the clothes found on page whatever. Or it would be a story about driving and we'd be using an atlas to plan a route. Very creative and fun. I kind of got tired of him being the lead in all the stories and eventually the story telling died out but I do have fond memories of it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My brother and I loved to pick on our younger cousin. Here are a few stories we told her.

We told her that dinosaurs were real and they only ate little redheaded girls. Then we watched Jurassic Park together and she was too young to understand that it was just a movie. She wet her bed every night for two weeks after that and she would wake up screaming about the dinosaurs. Her mom wasn't very happy with us.

Another time, we told her that "F*** You" really meant "I Love You" in Italian. She told her mom "F*** You" and got grounded for a week. She also told her mom that we were the ones that taught her that word and we got grounded too.

Once, we were suppose to be babysitting her (don't know why her parents trusted us with her) and there was a thunderstorm. We told her that a tornado was coming and she better hide in the bathtub. She was so scared that she was crying and stayed in the bathtub for two hours until her parents came home.

We once told her that everyone in the family is from another planet and that our spaceship was coming to take us away in a few days. We told her that she was an earthling who was adopted and had to go through an initiation if she wanted to come with us. One of the initiations was that she had to eat ants because that's what aliens eat. We proceeded to make toast and sprinkled pepper on it and told her that it was ground up ants. I think she actually believed us because she went crying to her mom and told her that she didn't want her to leave in the spaceship.

Those are just a few of the many stories we told her. We were really mean. It's a wonder that she turned out to be normal at all.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Sounds like I really missed out on some FUN!

I'm the oldest of 6, and I never told my siblings any stories like these! I was just WAY too serious, I think......

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
My father, to keep us from going into the woods and getting lost, told us that the Jabberwocky lived in the woods and would get us if we went too far. We were terrified of the woods for years... then he'd get angry at us because we didn't want to go outside and play in the woods. :p But seriously, would yo go in the woods if you thought that this was waiting to gobble you up?!

powell_jabberwocky.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts