Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live just outside of Dayton, Ohio, and there's a huge "Inventing Flight" celebration going on this month. President Bush was even here yesterday for the kick-off.

In the afternoon, it was more than 90' outside and extremely humid. Then, the storms came.... and they had to cancel most of the events scheduled for yesterday, and many for today. :umbrella: I feel bad for those people who put so much work into this stuff. I hadn't planned to go downtown, but things like the hot air balloon launch could probably be seen from my house.

Most of the area towns had to postpone their fireworks until tonight, too. So we'll be celebrating the 5th of July in this part of the country! :july:

I hope the rest of you had non-soggy holidays!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Sorry about the fowl weather !!!!!!!!!! I hope today is better ...

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
It was nice & Hot :sun: here yesterday. But today is calling for Thunderstorms! I have to work anyway so it really doesn't bother me. LOL

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
That's too bad. I was talking to ds last night about the weather. It hasn't rained here on the 4th of July for at least 40 years. It did rain one year, but not until after the fireworks.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
What a bummer! So sorry to hear that! I bet it would have been a great show! We lived in Dayton/Wright-Patterson AFB area in 95-97. I loved it there. :)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
There are fireworks again tonight in a neighboring city. It's rainy today, so not sure how it will be later tonight. We're thinking about going if it clears up.
In NY if it rained on July 4th (which it did often) they would add the fireworks to the following year vs. rescheduling. It was a bummer the year it rained, but the following year was always really nice.
Sorry to hear about your weather there. :(

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Sorry about the bad weather!
We don't go to the city fireworks here, our neighbors have shows going all week, and its less crowded on my back deck!
Plus we always do some, since we celebrate ds b day on the 4th.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
It was beautiful weather here. It was hot but this is Texas in July so we expect that, but we had beautiful blue sunny skies and the night was wonderful, clear and the stars were shining brightly and DH's family had a spectacular fireworks show.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts