Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just wanted to let you know about this really good deal that i found at the local walmart shop. The straight talk plan is only 45$ for unlimited texting/calling and there are no contracts so you can leave the service at any time you like. I personally recommend this service as i have been using it within the realm of my small business in the attempts of making ends meet.

·
2,688 Posts
Whatever works for you....I guess..............do you work for them per chance ?

Myself, I have a tracfone......double minutes.......buy a $ 20 card with 60 minutes....find a promo code........end up with 150 minutes for 3 months.........so 50 minutes for $ 7 a month it works out to be. Hard to beat that.

Reactions: Early Bird

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Thanks Kenneth, welcome to Frugal Village.

I have a cell plan that has been quite a pain and have researched many many...sigh plans and do like this one actually and might get. This one would actually meet our needs and I have not renewed my contract or got a new phone with my current which would have locked me in for years. The only thing you have to check if you travel or anyone in your family that the areas you want covered on a regular basis happens to have good coverage in their area. We need a good plan with high minutes or unlimited.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cricket has the same plan but cheaper. I have a unlimited calling/texting plan for 25 a month through cricket.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It is a good plan! where we live we cant use cricket, metro pcs, boost mobile, virgin mobile anything like that. We dont live close enough to a large area. If you use it to make alot of calls it is great.ladytoysdream i have a tracfone for my dh with the double minute card and stuff since he never makes calls, yes for him it is a good deal but for me where i sue mine for business i would go broke with a trac fone..lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just purchased a Straight Talk

Once I made the switch to ST I started to save. From paying a large amount to paying $45 monthly unlimited plan is to jump for joy. I didn't want a contract, (bad experience with that) and no hidden charges (like a bill for $400 for going over minutes) disgusted. That is all in the past. I am now saving for what is for me the best deal Wal-mart has brought to their store. For now this is what I want to have as my cellphone provider, Straight Talk.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have a cheapie Boost and it does everything I need it to. And it's better priced than that. And as long as I keep going the way I am, then the price will go down each 6 months, until eventually I pay 35 a month. Pretty good for us. Hubby and I each have one. We like the walkie talkie feature, and as contractors, we use that feature all the time.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am paying less than that with my Tracfone, but I don't need unlimited minutes or texting.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I agree. They also have a a $30 ($33.06 after tax) plan that is 1000 Min, 1000 txts, 30MB of Mobile web. I have been using them for months. I am very happy with them. I used tracfone and gophone before, but I dropped my land-line house phone and wanted more minutes available.I went with straight talk. I am not a fan of Walmart, but this is the best price in my area. I can refill automatically so I don't need to go to a actual store. Straight Talk is actually owned by Tracfone, but offers better rates than Tracfone (I think that is silly).

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have a cheapie Boost and it does everything I need it to. And it's better priced than that. And as long as I keep going the way I am, then the price will go down each 6 months, until eventually I pay 35 a month. Pretty good for us. Hubby and I each have one. We like the walkie talkie feature, and as contractors, we use that feature all the time.
Yes Missy just saw that when looking that rocks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
i HAD a blackberry thru work and that ran me $90 a month. eek. i THOUGHT i was in love with it and couldn't live without it, turns out i was just addicted. i now have a cheapie little pink sanyo phone thru the KROGER/QFC i-wireless plan .20 per min plus .20 per outbound text, plus you earn free minutes for every $100 spent.

they just revamped their plans, $25/mo gets you 200 talk minutes with unlimited text and browsing.

i was always on my blackberry....checking emails, texting etc....only cuz i could! now i just use my phone as a phone!!!! i have a computer at work and one at home for any web needs. :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Never had a cell,but bought one for hubby for Christmas.Virgin mobile,pay as you go $59.99 which included $15.00 of talk time.Bought a $100.00 card which gives him $115.00 which does not expire for a year.This is an emergency phone,so thought that was cheap enough for peace of mind for a year.

·
Registered
557 Posts
We had nothing but trouble with Straight talk. The customer service stinks. After several emails and many hours on the phone, we lost a full month of service because they kept saying it was in the network and then they decided that it wasn't after the month. They didn't offer to credit us or replace the phone. We went with Net10 instead. The coverage is great here. that is my experience with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Different cellphones for Different People

I found out by reading comments in various sites, that some persons are luckier than others and I had great luck with Straight Talk cellphone. I pay $45 a month unlimited compared to the $100 plus I used to pay with a contract cell company. Wal-mart has different cellphones at an affordable price. I switched, was lucky that I have not had a problem since. Go ahead and give it a try.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am in an area where only the ATT or Verizon network. Straight Talk, Net10 and Tracphone are all on the verizon network and all owned by Tracphone. I use Puretalkusa. Theyuse the ATT network. I get unlimited talk and text for 39.95 a month.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Interesting the moderators didn't nuke the OP, since it's obviously spam. A couple other posts on this thread are also suspicious. But I suppose the legit posts on the thread are useful for people looking for cell service.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I use straight talk and love it. If you go onto their web site then you can get better deals on the phones/plans. In my area we don't have a lot of pre paid plans. Straight talk plans have saved us lots of money each month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts